Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here's an excerpt from this beautiful song : http://www.box.net/shared/ejevxqsgdebe8h2j9ule

Used headvoice resonance here... I had to re-record a few phrases.. no autotuners, just comp/dly/verb and a touch of chorus.

Is it terrible ? What are the main weaknesses ? Please be brutally honest.

Thanos

------EDIT

3nd version of the song using a lighter registration (post #2,3) - 2nd was deleted

http://www.box.net/shared/efug4047ttn9c6pyuo5d

I love seeing you do something so different from the songs you normally sing.:) That is such a great way to expand your abilities.

The two things I would work on; the amount of compression you are using. I think you could let up on the registration and lighten it up some. I think it would make it flow a little more smoothly and fit the mood better. You can still give it those powerful resonant moments... but with lighter folds. Also your accent comes through a little more in this song. Probably just more practice with a new song will fix a lot of it. But the primary thing I would try to change would be lightening up the compression and see what that does.

Cool!

Thanks for your post Quincy... that was just what I needed, really gave me the courage to re-do the song using a lighter registration.

So here it is : http://www.box.net/shared/efug4047ttn9c6pyuo5d

It sounds kinda decent compared to the 1st one I think, despite the pronunciation...

Thanks again Quincy,

Thanos

It's moving towards the right direction, the verse is really pitchy though.. I'll do a 3d version as soon as I get a moment,

paying more attention on support and pitch on the verse.

Thanks man,

Thanos

I don't listen to counrty music often, but thats an awesome song. I have actually never heard it before, so I listened to the original. Great singing. I tried to sing some of it, and its right where I bridge.

You really nail the slide up at the end also! Now take that vocie of yours and go cover something from hybira!

www.drop-head.com

Thanks man, I my throat's been a little scratchy this week so maybe I should get some rest for a few days, then try it again.

I searched hybira but can't find them, do you have a link ?

Ah Geno, thanks for chiming in.

I don't know why letting go can be so hard.. (talking about the last version, right ?)

On a piece like this, would you keep the "manic grin smile" ? Would you introduce it only in the chorus ?

Thanks man, I my throat's been a little scratchy this week so maybe I should get some rest for a few days, then try it again.

I searched hybira but can't find them, do you have a link ?

These guys will rock your eyes off!

www.drop-head.com

Archived