Me singing "Holy Diver" by Dio

• TMV World Legacy Member

I sing this song to practice mixed voice and distortion. I do not really try real hard to emulate RJD - cause that would be impossible. I also did not mix the crap out of it. I added some eq, light comp, and a tiny amount of reverb. I just started singing this song last night - so I am not very confident on lyrics lol. Critique away!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11040786&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Now that's beautiful ! Sung with ease, super distortion, just great man!

Loved how you sing "mean" after the solo and the last note before it.

If I may say one thing, the end will sound killer when you get that head voice going !!

Great stuff !

Thanos

Now that's beautiful ! Sung with ease, super distortion, just great man!

Loved how you sing "mean" after the solo and the last note before it.

If I may say one thing, the end will sound killer when you get that head voice going !!

Great stuff !

Thanos

Thanks man, I tried to get my head voicwe to sing that high - but what you hear is the result. Default to falsetto. I actually have 1 whole hour of warmups that I do for bridging now, but they don't seem to be helping. But, on the plus side - I can sing in that range with that distortion all day lol. The first damn thing I'm gonna do when I get my damn student loan check is a skype lesson with Rob. Or, if I win the lottery lol.

www.drop-head.com

I think you have the right voice for this song. And pretty good for a first shot at it. And I think it was wise for you to sing the high parts soft. Better to have the right pitch than all the vocal power in the world on a wrong note.

• 2 weeks later...

Great effort! Dio is one of my biggest vocal heroes and singing his songs requires a monumental effort for most singers. I think he's up there smiling down on you my friend. ;)

"GIDDYUP!"

Archived