How to 'Scream' properly ??? Please Critique

Rate this topic

DonkeyKongSings

Sounds like you're screaming with good technique. You're using a bit of twang and you aren't tightening your facial muscles too much, both of which should allow you to do these types of vocals without injuring your throat. But YOU also constantly have to ask yourself if it hurts your throat. Btw. this was a very professional video (and audio). What's the status of your band? How well known is it?

My hat's off to producer Simon Kendall. He's got a good sense of production values. The recording sounds solid but not overdone.

I noticed other videos on the youtube page where you were on tour. If you could produce those sounds night after night without discomfort, you're probably okay. Does your producer recommend a vocal coach for you. Most bands that reach this level of success sometimes have coaching, either from the producer or someone he knows. Sort of like Mutt Lange helping Joe Eliot, here and there.

Yeah you sound great, but its a studio recording so it's basically impossible to say :)

Killer band tho mate. I saw the band is from Canada but my crazy mind is hearing some Aussie/Brit inflections in the vox.

Anyway you'd need to post some raw recordings of your vocals.