Smoking sucks

Keith

• Administrator

8DA....

I suppose it's different for everyone, depending on how long you were a smoker, how much you smoked, etc. For me, it was approx. 3 weeks - 1 month. It was quite some time ago, so I really can't recall ????

I also noticed many significant changes in my voice after quitting smoking, and was almost like learning to sing ALL OVER AGAIN !!! It WAS a "pain, but it is well worth quitting !!!

Also, you may wish to try a product called "Glutathione", which can be found in pharmacies, health food stores, online, etc. It really helps cleanse the toxins from your body and seems to ease the withdrawal symptoms as well. Get the sublingual tabs if you can locate them. Please note that it was recommended by one of my doctors, so I'm not practicing medicine as it were ---- :cool:

Wishing you the BEST !!!

Sincerely,

Adolph

Smoking numbs/stuns/paralyzes the cells whose job it is to keep your lungs clean. Current cough is a sign that they're coming back to life!

Try longer showers or other steam inhalations to help lungs clear, Mucinex for lubrication of the entire airway, & physical exercise (cardio & stretching especially) to keep lymph moving & cleaning everything out.

Like Adolph, I've heard good things about glutathione as a detox agent, but it's hard to get into the bloodstream. Worth a try. Most important is knowing your lungs WILL get better over time.

Government health report 1990 says:

• 2 weeks to 3 months after the last cigarette: ...lung function increases

• 1 to 9 months after the last cigarette: coughing and shortness of breath decrease; cilia (tiny hair-like structures that move mucus out of the lungs) begin to function normally again, increasing the ability to clean out the lungs and thus reduce the risk for lung infection.

www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00001799.htm

the longer time frames would be for people who smoked more heavily, for a longer period of time, are older, or otherwise less resilient. Someone active & otherwise pro-active in health will rebound faster.

Congratulations for all your efforts -- Joanna

"Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times." —Mark Twain

I knew a guy that smoked from his mid-teens to his mid-20's and then quit. He hacked for some months but it got lighter as time went by. Of the tissues of the body, lung tissue repairs and regenerates very quickly, as Joanna was pointing out. Another singer here had to learn breath management all over again after he quit because he now had more air and it was easier, causing him to overblow. He was accustomed to the push he needed before, which was more than necessary with clear lungs.

Good luck to you and God's speed.

• 2 months later...

For quitting smoking maybe do something like chew gum , or just stop thinking about the cigarettes . read up on how ciggarettes affect your body and watch some videos of what happens to people when tney smoke a ciggarette .

Archived