Anybody else practice yoga?

Rate this topic

Rozzy73

I started yoga recently, and I'm finding it to be VERY VERY helpful for my voice. I'm not surprised that it's helped my breath support and control, but I didn't expect the results to be so drastic. I'm so much less tense through the whole vocal track and my voice feels much more connected to my body.

Has anybody else had a similar experience?

I am just about to start pilates, mainly to help my posture, flexibility and strengthen my lower back. Also have started to practice meditation on a regular basis. Will be interesting to see if these holistic practices effect my vocalisation as well. Will report back with any results

• 1 month later...

I go through periods where I keep it up for a month or two, then slack off. I do exercise regularly, and while yoga CAN be strenuous, the lack of movement (as in moving around the room/track/park) starts to bore me after a while, and I go back to kettlebells and circuit training.

No I have not, though I have meaning to give it a try. However I have felt general weight training has been having a positive effect, maybe because the complex network of muscles which are used for breathing are being strengthened, who knows? I figure Yoga or Pilates may have a similar effect.