Pharyngeal voice?

Rate this topic

D.Starr

So I was going through some Mastering Mix by Brett and got hooked on the pharyngeal exercises coz it's really easy to transition through the bridge. Just wondered if there was a way to hold onto the feeling and bring it into singing and sing above F4. Obviously I'd have to add twang to it, but does the pharyngeal area hinder the head voice qualities?

It's hard to explain because the pharyngeal exercises feels like a vocal fry to me, with a slight twang.... and cry. I don't know it's all confusing.

By doing pharyngeal properly as explained in depth in "the voice of the mind" H.caesari. It strengthens your full voice. You can use it for certain metal screams on its own but when you work it out a little not to much it can be taxing on the voice. It helps close the cords well ala nay nay nay. But you are not going to sing in this coordination.

hope that helps

www.danielformicavocalstudio.com:D

Hehe well spoken, Im currently trying to sing Daniel heimans(lost horizon) stuff. Ive always wanted to sing like him, have you heard about him?

Ya know, he is friggin awesome! My throat hurts just listening to him!

• Administrator

Daniel, did you like the voice of the mind? I ordered it to sweden but i must say i got very disappointed, alot of the facts i found to be rather outdated. it wasnt unexpensive either :(

I read "The Voice of the Mind" about 6 years ago and in fact, it influenced me quite a lot. "The Voice of the Mind" is where I first started working with the 'lift up / pull back" technique for bridging. He discusses this in the book.

Jens, its true, it is dated on its specific science details, but I found a lot of information in that book that opened doors for understanding voice technique. Great book, easy, quick read.

Hey Rob, erm they aren't doing too good. I seem to have hit a brick wall, my voice begins to really rasping as I get to head voice.

I put it own to showing off in Bulgaria a good month back on a shisha pipe and which burnt my throat :S

I'm trying to get back into the track and release area, but I begin to shout and crack as i get to F4 and G4 is HORRIBLE, no head voice resonance at all, just splat.

Hopefully after I come back from Egypt I can organise an internet lesson with you, the only problem is thinking of the time to do it because of the 9 and odd hours difference.

• Administrator

Starr... yes, it sounds like you would benefit getting in front of me over the internet... truly. I would like to help you. Hey, I have lots of students in Europe, I do it every day. Your 9 hours ahead of me so it will typically be in the morning for me and late afternoon for you.. pretty easy... example, 9:00 am is 6:00 pm european time.

I look forward to that opportunity to help you as soon as you can swing it.

Hey dstarr you say that it starts rasping out at headvoice what do you mean by headvoice are you switching to a different coordination so to speak, in other words are you letting go to much and not singing in one voice. I'm just asking it seems to be a confusion sometimes.

Daniel

Www.danielformicavocalstudio.com