[Paulius] Newbie here. Cover of Michael Jackson's Cry.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey! I'm very new here. In fact, just registered. But I'm very looking forward to getting to know this community and contribute to it. :)

This is a singers' forum and what could be a better 'hello' than some recording?

http://www.box.net/shared/obor3hax9cx774qukay6 - this is some recording I found on my PC. It's certainly been a while, but I actually like how I sound there so I wanted to share it with u guys. I haven't sung for a really long time so I don't have any recent recordings or anything. For now :)

I didn't know the song very well, obviously, so it sounds a bit monotonic and is messed up at the ending. But I still like it. I know that it's shouty on that Bb4, but it felt really good. U know, showing some volume, hehe :)

I'm not English or American, so I'm soo interested if you guys can properly understand my pronunciation.

Im here for the community!

Wow!! Great song!

I a big fan of Michael Jackson, so for me the song is too good.

I've heard really good song.:)

http://www.facebook.com/ljh0141
ljh0141@naver.com

Wow!! Great song!

I a big fan of Michael Jackson, so for me the song is too good.

I've heard really good song.:)

The song or singing too? :)

The song or singing too? :)

Yes ^ ^ Michael Jackson and his songs, so I love them all.

This 'Cry' likes to listen to, is really amazing ^ ^

Thank you.

http://www.facebook.com/ljh0141
ljh0141@naver.com

I'm not even a big fan of MJ but this was good. I noticed that you center a lot on closed vowel formations, which I think, sounds good for this style of song.

Thank you! And what about the pronunciation?

I think closed vowels suit this song.

Yes ^ ^ Michael Jackson and his songs, so I love them all.

This 'Cry' likes to listen to, is really amazing ^ ^

Thank you.

Thank you! :) Very nice to hear such thing.

michael jackson is a very underrated singer

Why? I have never heard someone say Jacksons singing wasn't masterpiece.

Jackson, Wonder, Vandross, McKnight, Mercury, Cornell, Franklin, Cooke, Lennon, Michael........ and others you know.... Jackson has always been on top. Top vocal pop star.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

Lest I be misunderstood, I would never underrate Michael Jackson as a singer. He was phenomenal. It's just that I was more in tune with "Highway Star" by Deep Purple than anything from MJ in that era. That is what I meant about my comment. I can admire a singer, even if I don't listen to their music a lot. I think Beyonce is a great singer and I just about never listen to her stuff.

Why? I have never heard someone say Jacksons singing wasn't masterpiece.

Jackson, Wonder, Vandross, McKnight, Mercury, Cornell, Franklin, Cooke, Lennon, Michael........ and others you know.... Jackson has always been on top. Top vocal pop star.

Just look on this forum for the amount of "Cornell" "Dickinson" "Halford" "Dio" "Mercury" "Geoff tate" covers, in comparison to jackson covers...

he is overlooked all the time as a singer.....

he is often called the" king of pop" ,a "great composer of pop hits" ect ect

last thing mentioned is his "singing" its overlooked, That is all im saying.

www.soundclick.com/chavie

I also think that in a certain way, Michael Jackson is underrated as a vocalist. On the other hand, his fans have not a single doubt about his singing ability. And there are quite a few of them.

But this topic is about my recording. Thanks for the positive feedback. But maybe there could be a little bit of criticism as well? :)

The only criticism I have for you, Paulius, is your signature line. I mean, keep it if you must. But this forum is privately owned by Robert Lunte and he has to pay for it, some way. And the easiest way is advertising. Unless you've got enough money to underwrite what it costs to maintain the website and this forum. If you can write him a check, I'm sure he would do away with the advertising. Everything costs money and there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. I know that sounds harsh, but that's the real world.

Archived