Tribute to Dio

Rate this topic

ronws

A Dio Tribute.

I was cruising around and found these two covers of "Rainbow in the Dark.

Both goth and heavy metal. Both singers have what I can identify as a southern accent. In fact, they both sound as if they have a Texas accent, which is more subtle than most people think or see in the movies and tv.

Draculisa. She sings in her voice, lighter than Dio but just as passionate, with a nice "unplugged" twist.

Ferguson. He's got the same stage mannerisms. And, even though he is singing an octave lower than the original, he has a cool tone that he keeps all the way through the song. And then, out of nowhere, he gets a high, controlled, raspy note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcyuXRrte5s

Have you guys run across inspired Dio covers, pro or amateur?

Or have one of your own that you could submit? I don't care if it's played on the ukelele.

Long live the spirit of Metal, in its many forms.

My friends John and Lonnie (AKA Johnny and Lonnie AKA Ten Man Push) John West on the left (singing backup and playing guitar) and Lonnie Park (main vocals) - at the Ronnie James Dio Tribute show in Cortland, Ny (15-20 minutes from my house lol)

They didn't play dio, but I thought it was good trivia. Also, anyone that sings should know who John West is. If ya don't, youtube him.

check him out in queennation,led zepplica, sweet, and i was in an old school funk band with him yrs ago thats how we became friends. He can sing like charlie wilson from the gap band, paul rogers stevie wonder donny hathaway. he can is anything and he's never had a lesson. He doesnt use falsetto and he doesnt lose his voice no matter if he was drinking smoking snorting. he is a vocal freak. I ain't lying.

enjoy this guy you tube him

daniel

www.danielformicavocalstudio.com

check him out in queennation,led zepplica, sweet, and i was in an old school funk band with him yrs ago thats how we became friends. He can sing like charlie wilson from the gap band, paul rogers stevie wonder donny hathaway. he can is anything and he's never had a lesson. He doesnt use falsetto and he doesnt lose his voice no matter if he was drinking smoking snorting. he is a vocal freak. I ain't lying.

Wow. I caught him singing some Warrant also. He is very good.

hey ronws my speaking voice is similiar to draculisas, particularly in pronunciation of consonants...;) faverite, and derk...in particularly sound so familiar..and i hate that about my speaking voice!! Its like i have lazy speech!!! But i luv her singing voice :)

So, where are the locals here in the forum that have to chutzpah to post their own RJD covers?

I'm not going to do so in this thread because everyone has already heard mine.

I want to hear you guys. Unless, ya'll are chicken ....

(ducking flying objects thrown in my direction)