Coldplay - Yellow

• TMV World Legacy Member

Not really my cup of tea, but i did this for someone else

any criticism/advice would be great

thanks ahead :)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11135727

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Maybe it´s not your cup of tea, but it sure sounds damn good. Do you rather sing the harder stuff, Chavie? You can sing whatever you want of course, but your voice sounds so beautiful with this, softer, kind of songs. I think you could have a breakthrough if you stick to this kind of music, Chavie, but of course one shouldn´t sing something they don´t have a passion for.

So, so great!!!!

Not really my cup of tea, but i did this for someone else

any criticism/advice would be great

thanks ahead :)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11135727

I think this soft sound does not suit your voice as it is now. Also I think the pronunciation could be better, clearer. What I like is your vib.

Im here for the community!

I totally agree with Olem. What an excellent response.

And I go through some of the same questions for myself. I have liked all types of music. So much that it really is hard to pick a genre for myself. I like heavy metal and there are clean voices in metal music but, by and large, some of the best known singers can do a rasp that either I physically cannot do, or, as I find by some brutally honest soul-searching, a rasp I don't want to do, no matter how much I admire the original performance.

I've had some of the nicest comments on songs that are Blues, or heavy blues, such as with some Led Zep stuff.

On ballads, the lighter I go, the better others like it. Which could certainly mean that I am oversinging on stuff.

On top of that, I've had an itch to sing "Nessun Dorma," a different direction than I have been, before.

I don't want to derail this thread but you, Olem, provided a response that made me think.

Don't get me wrong, i love singing soft stuff, just not a big "coldplay" fan, i find there songs a little too..... commercial.

thanks guys i really appreciate the encouragement i get here... it truly means a lot to me.

Without it i would have probly never gotten very far.

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Chavie, I am in the same boat as you. I did a version of "Jesus Just Left Chicago," a tradtional style blues song from ZZ Top. Not the type of music I normally play but a song I like that is in my pantheon of different songs. And a number of people liked it. In fact, not on bad comment and even a comment that said my voice was really suited for this, even though I know my voice is cleaner than Willie G's.

And though you may not be that big a fan of Coldplay, there's nothing stopping you from using that vocal approach on other songs, even hard rock. I know that sounds counterintuitive. So, prove me wrong. Sing a hard rock song with the same weight that you used on this song. Prove me wrong. I bet you can't.

Archived