Link to my bands rehearsal recordings.

Man, if I could only get to Ithaca. I liked your version of "Metal Gods."

And kudos for business sense. I think the record companies are going the way of the great white whale. You are able to sell your own downloads. And that is the way of the future. Especially as everyone has an ipod and car stereos these days have ipod jacks. Anyone releasing a cd these days is doing it for old time's sake.

And I think it's time for a change. Gone should be the days where the artist, who did all the work get's only 12% of their work and the record companies make them pay for EVERYTHING out of that 12 percent.

Keep it for yourself, I say. I have just read a book on the music biz, written by an attorney. And I don't think even he is appreciating what the internet and home recording tech means to the recording industry.

And I digress. Anyway, good luc, Keith, you rock.

I can't stop myself. The music biz is just that, a business, run by people who aim to gather every penny they can at the expense of anyone else. And that's fine. I am capitalist, to the core. And so, I think any band should record and release and publish their own stuff and sell direct to the public with downloads. That is rampant capitalism and it gives me a warm fuzzy. The record companies got so greedy, let their greed be their downfall.

Anyone here can register with BMI or ASCAP as both a songwriter and a publisher. And if anyone performs or records your song, you get royalties. Be your own business.

You will need a lawyer. But when you are talking about $1m a year, it's worth it.

"Burn" sounds way cool. As if Queensryche and Alice in Chains had a love child. Please forgive my crass reference, bordering on profane subjects.

"Closer Every Day." Very Metallica and I mean that as a high compliment. Right now, go tell your guitarist that he is shredding like Kirk Hammett. I can't make a higher compliment than that.

"Fighting for Air" very much Iron Butterfly, just an octave higher. Great homage to the roots of heavy metal. You sound absolutely solid on this and if I had an mp3 player, I would pay to download the full mix versions of this one to hear you in a better mix.Yes, this is worth paying for.

"Inside my Head." Even though, at times, you kind of sound like James Hetfield on this one, the whole feel of it is Soundgarden. The whole band, with you, is absolutely tight on this one. Everything falls into place. Could easily be my favorite. Tasty.

"Fake Reality," Lyrics as poetic as Megadeth, with a cynical delivery like Alice Cooper, this is the most artistic, singing jazz in a "heavy metal" context. And you did it really well.

And "Inside my Head" is my favorite out of the selection on your free downloads from the set list.

Awesome. Keep doing what you are doing. Are you a baritone? Mostly, sure. And that can be successful. Look at Corey Taylor from Slipknot. You have a voice like his. He is a dramatic, you are a lyric.

And really good at what you do. Rock on, brother. You already have what it takes.

Archived