Chris Cornell, Temple of The Dog, - Say Hello 2 Heaven

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey friends.

So I know this is kinda ballsy and has the chance to end horribly but I recorded one quick take on my shitty mic hooked up to my computer of this epic song and wanted to share it for some reason. I also suck at guitar and just played the little progression to sing to. I like this song because it lets me go up and down in my registers and has some big screams in it, along with just being beautiful. I also have been working my vibratto and tried to apply it high and low here. If you have 4 minutes your comments are appreciated. Last time I posted, some Axl Rose was requested but I don't know where you guys get those cool karaoke tracks, anyone know where I can find those?

http://www.box.net/shared/gl69v6szl5myvo5dc24b

Thanks.

First, If I were you, I'd record this occapella. It would sound better without the guitar in the background. It would be better even to hear a metronome click instead of the guitar. I get my backing tracks from Amazon - just search for the style you want, like, "metal karaoke" - also, you can use "tube downloader" on youtube.com , then use the same program to change the flash video into an mp3.

You support the upper notes really well, but then do not support the lower ones. I would still sing them with more support as to not fumble off key.

I have about a thousand karaoke files. If there is one you would like me to look for, let me know! Also, what program are you using to record your voice?

www.drop-head.com

Hey, Dave, I think I've been to your website. Cool place, though I had problems downloading videos.

Anyway, you sould more relaxed in the second half and I think you should stick with that relaxation. Some really nice Cornell-like notes in the high end.

Archived