RIP Les Paul

Rate this topic

Open Mic

Mods, feel free to move/delete as you see fit. There isn't really a general discussion area but feel this is worth saying so have placed the post here.

Today is a very sad day for music. The forefather of the modern solid body electric guitar, Les Paul, has died. Although perhaps best being known for his iconic Gibson Les Paul design, he invented not only the first solid body electric guitar but also pioneered the use of multitrack recording (Which I am slightly ashamed to say I did not learn until today). He is also credited with inventing the first 8 track track recorder and was one hell of a musician.

Although not a vocalist that we may talk about, I believe that today we have lost truely one of the most important men in music history.

My background is as a guitarist and so for me I like different guitars for different situations. I use my fender limited edition strat (which I must admit is my baby!) for the big band and funk work I do, my ibanez JS1000 (joe satriani signiture guitar) for the stuff I do alot of lead work on and then my Gibson Les Paul for the real rock stuff. You are right Robert, that fat signature sound from the Les Paul's are beautiful.