New song I'm working on... Feel free to critique!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Okay so it's 06:24 in the morning here in Sweden and I should go to sleep... But... Bah, I hate starting things and not being able to finish in one swoop... This little thing took me nearly 4 hours =///

Anyway... I hope you like it... No fancy high notes or anything... I've decided to try and get some more emotion into my singing and put the hard rock register on hold for a while :P

Anywho... Here it is :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ard8wBQRxNQ

Sweet Jesus (pardon my profanity, it it gets me banned, it's worth it,) will you please secure a copyright release and get it recorded and released, even digitally? The world is wide open on digital downloads. Seriously. high note, shmigh note. You do this song so well that I think you wrote it.

I command you to quit beating yourself up. You have the looks, something I will never have. Even on a good day, I look like a Hell's Angel that cleaned up for a court appearance. And the talent. Unless you just want to be amateur (as in not paid.) I can understand that, too. Our other member, Snax, could write his own paycheck in the music biz but would rather stay amateur to suit his own artistic bent.

Damn Ron, you always know how to make me smile!!! :D I'm going to finish this song, record it a bit better and see what I can do... A friend of mine said it was the best thing I've done so far and that person is generally not the kind of guy to ever give compliments...

Amateur Schmamaschmeur (see what I did there? :D), I would love to get some recognition if I do manage to make something that actually touches people... Here it's a really tough line to walk though since this little minute was VERY hard to write and sing since I, basically for the first time, wrote something from and about myself..

Anyway, Snax you say? I've gotta listen to him then... =)

Devaitis; I only have one :P It's the first song I ever wrote :3

It's about a girl who's very sick. 9 years old, who really wishes to go outside and play in the snow.. Making snow angels.. But she can't... One day her father is on his way home, right before christmas, happy about news about a new procedure that will cure her... But the girl couldn't resist so while he's on his way home, she walks out and lies down in the snow to make a snow angel and... well... That's how he found her...

Thanks guys.. You really are a BIG part of why I actually continue trying to make own music ... We're always our own toughest critics I know but... Well, right now I'm drunk as hell and what walks around my mind at these times are alot of ideas, alot of doubt, alot of more ideas but... Mostly doubt...

Haha anyway I like making emotional stuff because... It actually has ME invested... Too bad ballads work only ONCE in TEN fast songs but... Musicality has that charm that.. You know... You come up with ideas, you have feelings and stories... Sometimes you want to share marvel but SOMETIMES, you actually share a part of yourself... And you hope that someone, somewhere, will notice that...

I guess it's insecurity...

Then again, I'm drunk as a mofuqa... See, I brought the bling...

Don't discount ballads and songs with story. I am not comparing you to Michael Buble but dude is making it in the biz, his own way. And you can, too. Just find the market. For you, that would be pretty much any woman that is even remotely interested in men. Man, what a tough field to work in.

Archived