I give up

Rate this topic

eggplantbren

I've been trying to sing for like 5 years and I'm still full of constrictions and just can't do it. Screw this.

Don't be so hard on yourself man! If there are answeres for what is going on with you, I'm sure the people here will help you find them! Whats going on?

No offense, amigo, but you have no intention of quitting. If you really did, you would have just done it, and not announce to everyone here that you are. I'd venture to say you already knew no one here was going to tell you to quit.

I believe this is your way of looking for encouragement, and I believe you will find it here. As a matter of fact, if my memory serves me correctly, you've made this declaration before.

This is pure guess, but believe breath management is the problem. Constrictions...can't get rid of them. The biggest obstacle you have is breath management. You simply don't have the right balance above and below your cords. If you focus on that and make sure it is developed properly and I would bet that would be the log jam holding you back.

Find someone that really understands it and can show you how and see if that is the main culprit. First thing I would do is read up on appoggio. See Videobob's thread on this.

And if you have been using vocal coaches in the past, try out Dante... I think he would be one of the best for something like this.... along with a lot of other possible things.

Don´t give up, get a good vocal coach, there seems to be alot of great coaches here, try one out. I haven´t tried it but they say a skype lesson are almost as good as taking a lesson in person. Singing could be enervating, i know myself, but in the end you will have your reward.

egg,

don't make have to come over there and kill you...lol!!!

okay, so it's challenging..but stick with it because you will get there.

it's not rocket science and you may be closer to the answer than you realize.

feel free to call me if you want. please stick with it.

constriction can be caused by many factors. get yourself an instructor.