Chris Cornell (Temple of he dog) - Call me a dog cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello, guys!

I've been discovering new stuff about my voice in the last 2 months and this is one of the songs that I've been practising. Don't mind the lyrics at some points, I keep forgetting the words. And I have trouble on the chorus when I sing "well but it's mYYY TIIIME", it's a high B and a C, and it sounds strained. But I think I figured out the really high part at the end "and you DRAG ME ALOOONG" although I keep singing "drive me alone" but whatever..

So I would appreciate any comments and critique :)

http://www.box.net/shared/392ttrzk3z8z230t4sy9

Chris Cornell is not the easiest singer to duplicate, but you do it pretty well! Sounds a little like you are straining on the high notes, but you hit them without "popping" the mic. Also, you sound a little tense- try to relax a little while singing this almost impossible song lol. :)

www.drop-head.com

Actually, Duchi, this is one of the few times I can detect what I think is a genetic similarity. That is, there is some similarity of tone between yours and that of Chris Cornell. But that is secondary to what I think is the most important thing. You sing like Cornell, regardless of tonal similarities. Not only are you using similar technique or the same technique, but most importantly, in my book (with dog-eared pages and spaghetti sauce stains), you sing with the same emotion, the same feel, the same commitment to the message of the song.

If I didn't know any better, I could swear that Duchi wrote this song and some dude named Cornell ripped him off, blind.

Seriously. Excellent stuff. Whatever "it" is, you've got "it."

Now, for the championship round challenge. I dare you to write your own song in a similar vein to this one. A relationship song that you feel strongly about. I smell a hit song in the air.

I have no critique to offer. Just applause. Keep doing that, whatever "that" is.

I expected the worst, based on your desire to beat yourself up and shoot yourself in the foot before we even hear it. Fortunately, I have a halfway decent set of ears to hear with.

Quit this "I'm not worthy" crap and get on with it.

Wow, thanks, Ron, Snax! I am actually trying to write songs, I know how I want to sing it but I am still not satisfied with the lyrics that I write, sometimes I cannot find the right word, I am trying to improve my english so I can express myself better.

I promise to post an original song in the next month :)

Archived