Golden Slumbers - The Beatles

• TMV World Legacy Member

A little one take thing I did tonight. I've been practicing with a singing video course the last couple of months and I've definitely made progress but I am far from where I'd like to be. Any pointers would be strongly appreciated.

http://www.box.net/shared/9cstohl3hpik8jhkevej

Listening to it again, the guitar is really rough but this was a spur of the moment thing so the voice is what i'm more concerned about.

Sounds pretty damn good with just that internal mic. You should consider, however, getting a small USB controller and a real mic. I think the one I use "Audiobox" was $99.00, and the mic (a 58) was the same price. It's hard to tell a lot of times what is going on with someones voice if we don't hear a good replica of it. It this case, it didn;t matter much, you carried the Beetles style pretty well! Just for future referance if you are serious about singing, it's best to make the best recordings you can make of your voice, mostly for self benefit. I recently switched from a Sure Sm58 to an Audio Technica studio vocal mic, and my recorded voice sounds completely different (in a good way) and I no longer try to fix things that I thought I heard because those things are no longer there lol. I look forward to hearing more from you! Keep up the good work!

www.drop-head.com

Technical limitations aside, (trust me, been there, done that, on computer I started with a cheapie desk mic from Office Depot,) you have a good baritonic ring to your voice, from what I can hear. I had not thought of doing this song an octave lower but you added a neat flavor to it, by doing so.

Sorry if these seems like a silly question but am I more a baritone or a tenor?

That is a very difficult question to answer.. I am sure that we would need to hear more from you.. Maybe some sirens or something...I am no expert - But I am apparently a lyric bari... I don't even know what that means. I guess the less mental road blocks I have in my quest for expanding my range, the better lol.

www.drop-head.com

Some people, whether they can sing high notes or not, have a fuller, warmer sound in the lower area of notes that might be classed as baritone range than others. And there are many baritones that can sing high notes. And, from what I hear, theater directors like to cast bari-tenors. A lot.

Some people, whether they can sing high notes or not, have a fuller, warmer sound in the lower area of notes that might be classed as baritone range than others. And there are many baritones that can sing high notes. And, from what I hear, theater directors like to cast bari-tenors. A lot.

Nice :D

Maybe one day...

Archived