Rival Sons - Jay Buchanan

Rate this topic

zinko

I just discovered this band last night and was blown away! Finally a band of young men playing dirty blues rock! I was beginning to think it would never happen again.

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought of the singer's (Jay Buchanan) technique. Sounds like an open throat singer to me although I am far from expert. He reminds me of a cross between Paul Rodgers and Steve Marriot. Lots of soul!

Here's another with (I feel like) some Eric Burden influence.

I just discovered this band last night and was blown away! Finally a band of young men playing dirty blues rock! I was beginning to think it would never happen again.

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought of the singer's (Jay Buchanan) technique. Sounds like an open throat singer to me although I am far from expert. He reminds me of a cross between Paul Rodgers and Steve Marriot. Lots of soul!

man, i just listened to a bunch of his stuff. i really like his voice and intensity. thanks for turning me on to him. definitely using a relaxed, open throat and twang. he's no novice...lol!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5BcSEoY87g

Very freakin' impressive!!! This dude is wailing!

100% We Gotta Get Outta This Place on this song. Damn glad you posted this zinko.