My higher quality recordings

Rate this topic

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, Igor. One impression that kept hitting me and so I must mention it. You've got some american accent going on, here. Not necessarily northeast accent (Bon Jovi is from New Jersey, near Red Bank, if I remember correctly, close to the Hudson River.)

I am always amazed when someone, especially such as you, who speaks a language from the cyrillic alphabet can approximate an american accent. I think it would be easier for you to imitate a british accent. American is such an odd sound, compared to the other dialects of the world.

Anyway, no critique to offer. You already know that I am waiting for your debut release.

Edited to add:

Oh yeah, I agree with Herr Namlik. Put this on the main website. If you don't have a profile there, it's easy. In put your email address. Then, pick whatever password. You can customize your profile page, upload videos.

Me, I don't do videos. But I do ,mp3 audio files that I have at dropbox.

Mine is basic but this is how you can start.

http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/RonStone

I couldn't really hear the aussie accent. Good thing, too, as Richard Marx is american. Anyway, really good effort and I like how you used a light touch, like he has. Are you using a de-esser on your recordings? I've noticed the sylibants are rather mushy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Demonstrating my Kiske-styled mixed voice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAKvrGD5rI

Hi Jug

I have deep impression that sth is wrong with your mix/high voice. Metal singing is not my cup of tea, but I have got ears and hear that your voice needs some improvement on this.

Sometimes I drop into this kind of sound and I feel it is not good. Fake Edge/Crub in CVT terms I guess. I hope my friends will tell you exactly whats going on.

Cheers.

You are really close to PRO singing so I tell you this for your good only :)

I actually started headbanging when I heard Jugulator's Helloween cover :) I'd never heard the song and I've listened to very little from Helloween. devaitis, I think it's just Jugulator's style in this song that's not your cup of tea. It has that Geoff Tate sound, I think. My guess is that you'd like it better if he were to add a slight cry/hold to his notes in the passagio and higher - and I might dig it more if he'd put some distortion, right? lol. But nevertheless I really liked that take. It was fun to listed and watch. Meeeetal maaan!! ;)