My higher quality recordings

Rate this topic

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Igor,

Let me start by saying that I liked it very much. There is something very catchy in that tune that kept me interested even though it isn't my genre. Very good; and your vocals were great IMO.

I do have two critiques. One is personal taste and the other is language based so it really isn't a bad critique :)

I know English isn't your first language so I am considering that. But a couple of spots in the song seemed to be poor English. The sentences weren't put together right and didn't make sense according to proper English. One example "Your stronger than ever knew." There should be a "you" in there. "Your stronger than you ever knew". There is another sentence somewhere also in the song that is wrong.

The personal taste thing. I'm into blues and thus feeling in songs. I follow lyrics and try to connect emotion with lyrics and the rhythm of the music. So when I listen to music I listen for this and it is what connects me with the song as a listener. It is what hits my soul. You hit that big note on the word "stuck" and that was great. However, for me, I wondered why. I didn't feel the song lead me to that big note nor did the lyrics draw my emotion toward a big note that for me would be for an emphasis on a thought or emotion. Again...not a bad thing in general...but "for me." I felt it was hitting a big note just for the sake of hitting a big note :) I like to be guided and manipulated as far as feelings go and then set up for the big note. It is the building of tension and then resolving it.

One more note. I'm not sure what rove means (then maybe I'm just illiterate :D ) I am assuming it is something to do with roving? Like a rover?

Nice job though....good stuff.

Tommy

Tommy. thank you so much for the feedback. Yes, you're right! Of course, "you're stronger than you ever knew". And again yes, "rove" means like a rover. You see, I'm just a beginner in songwriting, thus there may be such flaws. One more time, thanks a lot :)

Your welcome Igor. And again, I understand completely. The bottom line, as I said, the song was good; and the important parts, ie, the singing and music, were very good IMO. If I heard that song on the radio I would not change the station! That says a lot :)

Tommy