My higher quality recordings

• TMV World Legacy Member

I spent a few months working with Kiss back in 1977. Partied with them too :D

Nice job man! To be honest I don't think I have ever heard a Kiss cover. A little odd not hearing Stanley's voice, he (to me) is so powerful.

I always wanted to sing "Strutter" live. Almost did a version here...lol. But I have come to my senses!!!

Good Job Igor. It sounds like "you" singing Kiss.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, guys! Tommy, I'm surprised that you worked with these cool guys :cool:

Wasn't anything much. But it was fun and lots of back stage antics :D I used to have photos of me in Kiss costumes. All lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely brilliant, Igor.

First off, what an inspired choice to wear a suit as the "Perfect Gentleman." As we say here, you "clean up pretty good." (look appropriately good in formal wear.)

Second, and more importantly, absolute applause for not trying to sound like Michael. You sing in your own voice, always. And that is something to be admired and it should serve as an example to others. This, people, is how to cover a song. Not matching the tone of the original singer, but matching the emotion and delivery. Sing it like you mean it.

Jugulator,

I love your voice. Very commercial yet unique!! :)

Did you use any sort of program or you are a naturally born singer?

VA

"Like stars across the sky, we were born to shine!"

• Administrator

Igor,

Obviously, you already know my thoughts >>> You are consistently Featured/Spotlighted on the (Main) Social Home Page of TMV World !!! :cool:

Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

Jug, it is okay to be a little particular. Don't just settle with the first group of fellas that come around and want to put a band together. No disrespect intended to fellow guitarist but they do seem to be more plentiful than vocalist.:)

Igor may correct me, but I think Kursk is a bit of a rural area. The pool of available talent that is interested in the hard rock and metal of the era that he sings is slim and none.

I have something of a the same problem. I live in a rural county, though I am only 60 miles (95 km) from Dallas. But that's the secondary problem. The primary problem is that the bands of today are young enough to be my children and they are not interested in an old guy who can sing Led Zep stuff. I'd be lucky if they even went as far back for an influence as Anthrax.

Plus my work schedule takes the work week completely.

Thank you for the discussion. ronws, the population of Kursk is approx. half a million people, and we are 500 km to the south of Moscow. So, my place is not a problem. If I was younger, I'd take more effort to find a suitable band around here.

Really, really cool. What stands out most is the total control you have of your instrument. And yes, I dig the suit, too!! Very spiffy.

Igor may correct me, but I think Kursk is a bit of a rural area. The pool of available talent that is interested in the hard rock and metal of the era that he sings is slim and none.

I have something of a the same problem. I live in a rural county, though I am only 60 miles (95 km) from Dallas. But that's the secondary problem. The primary problem is that the bands of today are young enough to be my children and they are not interested in an old guy who can sing Led Zep stuff. I'd be lucky if they even went as far back for an influence as Anthrax.

Surprisingly, I have seen a reemergence in classic rock/metal among the youth where I am. (I'm thinking the Guitar Hero video game being released years ago may have opened their eyes to a lot of it)

I'm currently working in a side project with a guitarist who's just 18 years old. He can play literally anything I throw at him, and has great stage presence and poise.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyYfrfBOI94

Hi man, I liked your cover. I want to comment on one thing that I think would make you sound better. In the very first line in that song, you sound like you are using a "cry" or a "hold" on the voice and are a bit "dopy" sounding. I think such a thing works well on a bit more higher notes (although one shouldn't overdo the cry or the dopyness, ever).

I suggest that, for such a low pitched phrase, you get rid of the hold/cry, twang EVER so slightly more (and get less dopy) and increase the volume slightly. If you dislike that tone, try INCREASING the hold/cry but make it slightly less dopy. It will cut through more and you'll sound like a more interesting singer to people. The sound that you have going there, although it's not bad, sounds a bit like the way many beginners do speech level singing exercises, i.e. they are very dopy and have little projection from lack of twang. You also lack thickness and conviction in your sound because of this. With these simple changes in your approach you will be able to fix this in no time. Just try it out and see if you agree with me or not.

Queen, "Too much love will kill you":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLES5kchg8I

Please, criticize the sound and mastering. Thanks :)

No words dude. Pure loved it! Keep it going!

VA

"Like stars across the sky, we were born to shine!"