Head voice & hurting ears

Keith

I have a quick headvoice question... When I hit a good resonant head voice note (any), I feel like there is air blowing out my ears.. Has anyone ever experienced this? It is very distracting and sometimes feels like there is pressure in there where I think that there should not be any...

I have a quick headvoice question... When I hit a good resonant head voice note (any), I feel like there is air blowing out my ears.. Has anyone ever experienced this? It is very distracting and sometimes feels like there is pressure in there where I think that there should not be any...

Keith: That sensation description very closely resembles what I experience if I sing a note with my Eustachian tubes open... like I have just popped my ears when driving down a mountain... and the little valves stayed open.

Question: does you voice seem suddenly louder inside your head, or in your ears when you do this?

Keith: When you approach a note in that range, do you have the sense of increased 'yawn'? I find that I can open those little valves when I do an 'opening the back of the throat'-style yawn motion, and that the sound gets suddenly louder, almost like my whole voice is in my ears rather than coming out my mouth.

A point though, to make... its possible to make a head voice tone without doing this.

I hope this is helpful.

Archived