do my singing suck

Good day, im new to this place, and it looks quite awesome.

I have some thinkings about starting to sing a bit, and Ive always thought that I sing terrible and awfull, and I still do.

I recorded 'wherever you will go' with a karaoke version from youtube and my webcam on my laptop...

Im just wondering if there is any possibilities for me to get better and some advice what I could/should work on... I would be very glad

I just dont want to sound terrible as I do know

anyway, here's the download link: http://www.speedyshare.com/file/VBxa9/Namnlos-29.wma

Thank you for your help

Sounds good for a beginner! Always have a positive attitude. Few people think their own voices sound good, especially beginners. As far as help, I suggest finding a vocal coach that interests you and have a skype lesson - you would get some good pointers on warm ups and breath support - which are, IMO, the first two things you should be working on. And since I am not a teacher, I can't give you any advise other than what has worked for me.

That's sounds pretty good actually.

I'm only a beginner myself so I can't really offer technical or mechanical singing advise, but I do know what sounds good and that was far better than I'll bet you give yourself credit for.

I can tell you from personal experience that your mindset is very important to making progress.

If you were a golf would you stand beside a young golfer and say "that was awful, you should give up" every time he misses a putt?

If you did that would you expect him to progress much? Would expect him to enjoy his golf?

Yet that what many of us do to ourselves in our own heads, myself included.

Allow yourself to be bad sometimes, give yourself permission to make mistakes, try to laugh when you do, think of how you might nurture and encourage a young child when they're learning something new, and use that with yourself. It's the best environment for learning and progressing.

A child will approach something with no expectations and complete freedom, they've no preconceptions and may not yet even know what "good" is.

As an adult it's more difficult to learn something new. You already know what's "good" and can judge and criticise others.

You expect someone over a certain who sings to be good, and may even laugh and sneer when you hear an adult who is bad.

American Idol in fact promotes this form of sneering, however some of the people on American Idol are in fact delusional and probably need to see a psychiatrist more than anything!! :)

At least the likes of you or I can realise that we need some work first before going on national television!! :) :D

Good day, im new to this place, and it looks quite awesome.

I have some thinkings about starting to sing a bit, and Ive always thought that I sing terrible and awfull, and I still do.

I recorded 'wherever you will go' with a karaoke version from youtube and my webcam on my laptop...

Im just wondering if there is any possibilities for me to get better and some advice what I could/should work on... I would be very glad

I just dont want to sound terrible as I do know

anyway, here's the download link: http://www.speedyshare.com/file/VBxa9/Namnlos-29.wma

Thank you for your help

The only thing that sux here is your opinion about yourself ;p

Of couse it will take some time to become a great singer but you surely have potential for that. It's hard work but you can do it :)

And.. ey... you don't sound bad. In my opinion you're on the right place to start you singing journey.

Archived