Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

• TMV World Legacy Member

About the most rockin' thing you can do is have no fear and do whatever you want. Bon Scott played recorder on stage. Yes, 'that' recorder, the one you play in elementary school. Why? Balls.

Posting a Christmas song here is doing the same thing. Not pandering to the crowd, nice thinking.

But hey I listened to it. Pitching was good, support was good, phrasing was pretty good. My only thought: you kind of sang this song like a rock singer would in that you had a bunch of 'cut' in your tone, I think it's called singer's formant. That might be your natural tone and it's not bad it's actually really useful to have that, but for this kind of song it was pretty edgy.

You made it work and it's enjoyable, but I was expecting kind of a softer tonality, so it took me by surprise a bit. I think White Christmas is my favorite Christmas song, so maybe I just associate that Bing Crosby kind of murkier depth with this part of the year.

Niecely done !

Outstanding tone and atmosphere.

Don'be be silly and affraid of posting stuff like that...

I sing mostly rock and metal myself but im also much into jazz, classical and musical stuff. Like propably most of us by the way.

The only advice that I can give you is the same that KillerKu gave you. Try to sing it a little bit softer, give it a little bit of light and airy tone and it will be perfect.

Try to sing it a little bit softer, give it a little bit of light and airy tone and it will be perfect.

I intended to sing it "a bit lighter," and that's the way it normally comes out -- but when I put those headphones on something happens. I'm new at this, and having the music piped in through headphones screws me up. I guess it's something that comes with experience.

Man, this takes me back to my childhood. Yours is the kind of voice I grew up listening to. Well, that and Ted Neely and Robert Plant.

Your performance "rocked," in my opinion. One of my earliest memories is being on the couch while my mother cleaned house and I was listening to Glen Campbell's "Wichita Lineman." Watched the "Lawrence Welk Show" all the time. Had all the Perry Como records. One of my most cherished items in my house is an original ceramic pressing of a Billie Holiday album.

And driving around with my Dad, who preferred classical, but would switch to a rock station and I would hear "For Your Love" by the Yardbirds. A year or so later, watching a tv re-broadcast of "Jesus Christ, Superstar." Going with my step-father, Gerald, boiler tech 2c aboard the USS Ogden (going career in hopes of making chief petty officer) and hearing "Brandy" on the radio (it was huge on the west coast for a long time.)

By the time we moved from California to Texas, "Stairway to Heaven" was everywhere. But I picked up a guitar and picked out the arpeggiated beginning to "Who'll Stop the Rain?" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Sorry, I have drifted, a little. You brought back good memories and blessings on you for doing so.

Archived