All you relative newbies, I want to hear what you sound like when...

Rate this topic

PaulHart

When you're doing track and release and are hitting your passagio area, and when doing octave and 5th sirens. I expect you are going into falsetto when you leave chest voice (I am) but I'm wondering of what I'm doing is actually falsetto or something slightly different. If any of you have audio tracks of you doing it, post a link please.

Mine isn't exactly breathy like people describe it should be, but it is thinner and without the ass that I have in my chest voice. It would sound quite ridiculOus to sing a song this way but I do understand that this is just the beginning of it and that the goal is to turn the falsetto into something more like a chesty belt eventually.

If I get a chance to record something myself later on, I will. where to upload It?

Thanks

Side note... When I'm doing resonate tracking/buzzing, I can actually get quite high and shoot through the passagio rather smoothly. There is definaty a tone change at the bridge though. I can't get quite as high when I release into an onset.

Hi, I'm a complete newbie with regards to TVS and I'm still waiting for Robert to reply my e-mail. I've tried to schedule a lesson with him but I guess he's really busy. I believe you can upload your sound clips to box.net where most tmv forum users go to.

I can't really say much because I'm personally confused with some of the terminology and techniques, having come from a choral background of about 8 years (yet my singing is still like crap).

I've had this handy if it helps. It's a clean, bright forte volume. There's a bit of a speed bump in the middle but no real break. If you want more I'll do them when my brother isn't trying to sleep. I'll do some piano ones and some thicker loud ones.