How do I cut back on twang?

Rate this topic

Keith

So, I have been practicing twang (not this week due to flu).. And now when I get into head voice, it's too "twangy" like a duck lol. Is the proper way to reduce the amount of twang in my voice to slightly lower my larnyx? When I do that, I get more of an opera type not, only on notes around C5. I do not want do damage my throat...

You may want to try raising your soft palate differing amounts to balance it out.

Also what works good for me is to make things more roomy in the pharynx. I like to make a concerted effort of relaxing my pharynx on the inhale, where it is wide open and unconstricted with just a hint of a yawn like feeling before beginning the phrase paying attention that no constrictions set in.

I posted a Kamelot cover on the critique section - when I sing "I speaketh the truth" at the end of the choruses, I am singing as much open space as I have - if I don't twang, then I flip into falsetto, and with twang it sounds thin and yucky.

I posted a Kamelot cover on the critique section - when I sing "I speaketh the truth" at the end of the choruses, I am singing as much open space as I have - if I don't twang, then I flip into falsetto, and with twang it sounds thin and yucky.

Keith... record yourself, and post it. It would be very helpful to be able to hear you.