Helloween - Forever and One Cover

Rate this topic

Keith

So, I've still got a ton of crap in my head and lungs, but I felt like I was well enough to sing.. And I wanted to try something a little different that my usual, so I covered a Helloween song. It is kinda rough, I need to work on the Vowels for the "your lies, your lies" part. If there is any other advice on singing this song, please let me know! Thanks for listening and critiqueing!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11264400&q=hi&newref=1

Valiant effort, Keith. It sounds very exploratory, almost like you changed technique a couple times throughout the song trying to find the best way to make it. That's what I would have done too! No way in hell I'd get up there.

I'll tell you the truth, I love your natural untrained voice, but I think most people are only going to get up there and be truly comfortable from some kind of voice education (either in writing or in lessons). Certain things people are doing to get up there, (extreme twang, careful voice mode selection, vowel selection and numerous other things) I don't think come naturally to the vast majority of people even if we practice a lot. For people like me, I'm the kind of person that is totally ok with that. What I naturally learned to do with my voice was good enough for me and I often prefer those untrained kinds of sounds. In retrospect I wish I pushed my voice a bit less and spent more time writing better songs!

But if you want to get up there, and really get comfortable, I think Lunte or CVT, or even some of the heavy metal singers here can probably help you get there safely. I like helping people, but unfortunately it can't be me, not only cause I can't do that, but also because it wasn't my interest. I hope if this is really where your passion lies, you'll get there, but please take care in the journey. You already have a fantastic voice. If you keep exploring and I'm sure you'll make progress, but don't forget that, ok?

I am not sure this style is my passion... I just wanted to try it and see what happened. I am far more into Khan than anyone else right now (as far as role models), but there aren't many backing tracks kicking around.... I do want a higher range though. I plan on spending some time with Rob after the hollidays to get some insight, and maybe get pillars as soon as I get some $. I really don't have any specific style I want to concentrate on; maybe because I am interested in so many lol. Thanks for your thoughts. That song is a little bit if a nightmare to sing for me. Maybe it will be a little easier when this virus is completely gone lol

Hey, to be clear, not knocking it. I respect the effort and it's way better than I could have done. It's just a very, very hard thing to do and it sounds like it was a bit of a struggle getting up there.

You put a lot of effort into the sound, and I'm hoping you won't be pushing too hard on your voice when you're sick. I got my voice problem along with laryngitis and I remember still singing a bit through it which could be related. When you feel sick, try to take it easy alright? Those are the worst times to push to the limit! It's less about sound and more about health.

I seriously think you have a fantastic voice and it will be cool if you can expand your range, but not everyone needs to be up there, so if it doesn't come that quickly, don't worry about it.

Keith. You know your one of my favorite singer's here:) (your progress is so damned fast)

Your very close here to Derris tone . But what You have to do is to remove air from high notes. It's seems like you're pushing quite more and more air while going higher and to ceep the note you're tensing your throat. You have to do opposite. And also if you get that correct, you will noticed the volume will be set free.

Derris in fact quite often goes airy and heady on highest notes but check his singing today and formerly - his losing shape.

regards!

keep rockin'

Just like my friend Daug said.....

My input:

I'm very curious about your high voice development. I want to say I have problem with my high voice and passagio too. My voice is not a full voice (MLN in CVT i quess). My effort with this chorus ====> http://www.box.com/s/md2ascxtzo6c113mrorp

Maybe your next version will be better and I will learn from you how to sing this one with fullness and sharpness.

Best Regards and I'm watching your progress Keith.

Just like my friend Daug said.....

My input:

I'm very curious about your high voice development. I want to say I have problem with my high voice and passagio too. My voice is not a full voice (MLN in CVT i quess). My effort with this chorus ====> http://www.box.com/s/md2ascxtzo6c113mrorp

Maybe your next version will be better and I will learn from you how to sing this one with fullness and sharpness.

Best Regards and I'm watching your progress Keith.

That was awesome man! I wish I had that clean sound up there. I have issues with adduction on those higer notes. I am fixing them, but its a slow process.

Thanks Doug!