for KillerKu - Growing on Me - The Darkness

Rate this topic

ronws

You asked for it, you got it. I had to get over an illness and find that I have condition highlighted by that malady.

Then, I had to record the thing a few times to find my groove, something that felt like breathing. Anyway, here ya go.

http://dl2.dropbox.com/u/8750209/Growing%20on%20Me%20Cover%20by%20Ron.mp3

Thanks, Keith.

By the way, folks, the backing track for "Growing On Me" was provided by Keith and he mixed it for me. What I like in this one is that while gave the high parts some "wet," he faded it back in the mix and it actually fits better, as in performing and recording it, the high parts are quite louder than the verses.

Expect a message, Keith.

Awesome Ronsw! I listened to it at least 3 times yesterday but I was busy as my brother came around so I didn't get to comment! You have those killer notes up there, they fit perfect with this kind of song and this is definitely my favorite Darkness song. Nice job and thanks!

When I get my voice back I'd like to try something like this, with power falsetto! I don't know how to do like heavy metal stuff but I can do a pretty mean falsetto. You guys get me so stoked on singing. Obviously when I try it's so painful, but it's so tempting to make another attempt here where as I had pretty much given up singing completely because of the pain before coming here.

Thank you for the inspiration and helping me keep my passion for singing alive even through times when it feels pretty hopeless. I know how fun this is to do, and your stuff really takes me back.

Great job Ron! I particularly like the smoothness and brightness of your voice in the verses. Very well connected. It's nice to hear your voice on top of a full rock band, and processed with a little reverb.

That was great Ron, you have a killer head voice suited for this song. On the sidenote i prefer when you sing in your chest voice, but that is maybe due to the fact that i am no big Darkness fan. Keep on rocking, Ron!

Thanks, everyone. As for the sound, Geno, it's as much Keith as it is me. Sure, I can sing. But I stink at mixing. Even though I have been reading about it through at least 3 books. And I really like how Keith mixed this one.

And Killer, I'm glad to be inspiring you. And I know you will get back to where you want to be. Even though I am one to say that each voice has it limits, those limits guide you to limitlessness. For example, Justin Hawkins will never sound like Dio, or James Hetfield, or John Bush. But who cares? He created unique art and sound with his voice (and still does.) He did it his way. I just happen to have, through genetics, I think, the ability to do some of the same things but I think they are things many people are capable of doing, even you. In your stuff I have heard, you sounded better the higher you went. Something to think about.