Me trying to sing in a more brutal manner

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey, Jugulator, great video and great singing, your more aggressive style goes better with an Iron Maiden song of course, and i like it alot because i am a big Maiden fan. One thing that made me jump off my chair, a little exaggerated :), was your pronounciation of the word "assassin". Keep on rockin, Jug!

• Administrator

Cool, good effort. I hear some a good instrument. What could be better is the timing and cues. The lyrics fall on very specific rhythmic cues and this needs to be tighter. The chorus, "Ill be assassin" is in a very good head placement... the verses need work.

Also, if you do a composition like this, try not to look at the camera... it just comes off better if you appear to be focused on the performance and less about the camera.

Hope this helps...

Preevyet Jugulator!

This is truth that you're a great singer. You surely have very good control on your voice.

Let me just put some little advices here that you can easily try:

- Try opening your mouth less (smile instead). If you try also to keep your jaw les "jumping" you can find more natural pronunciation.

- I also recomand you to try rise back of your tongue and of course try find some grit if you want to go brutal.

You have quite bright setting of your vocal tract but your low-tongue works a bit as a choker.

Of course you can ignore these tips and do things your own way.

Best Wishes

Regards!

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Actually, I watched what you are doing in the video. Assuming that it is real time, i.e., you are recording and filming simultaneously, I see where you are lifting your cheeks, which is functionally the same as smiling. Something similar to the lift that Ronnie James Dio would do.

This is one of my favorite IM songs. Thanks for doing it. And you are an inspiration, singing all these different songs in your own voice. And I didn't realize that you can sing that low, though you have mentioned it before. That's lower than I can go.

Bravo.

Spassiba, Tovarish.

I think that probably THE most important thing for adding distortion on top notes is to have the underlying clean tone as relaxed in your throat as humanly possible. And if you think you're relaxed, try relaxing some more (while still keeping a good, connected tone).

• 1 month later...

Archived