Snax-"Is This love" by Whitesnake

• TMV World Legacy Member

I always wanted to try this one! http://soundcloud.com/mike-bromelow/snax-is-this-love-mix-2

I just did one last remix and NOW I think i'm getting the sound I want out of my vocals! http://soundcloud.com/mike-bromelow/snax-is-this-love-mix-4

"GIDDYUP!"

Glad you liked it juulez but yes, the language was a bit much for a nice forum such as this. You can click the edit button on your post and make it a little more reader friendly if you'd like. ;)

Maybe you could put that it was "F'N awesome" instead. I believe I typed that about someone else here recently! :P

"GIDDYUP!"

dude that was great!!!!! :D

A mix of Dio's magic, Iron Maiden influences and Nightwish's mysteries,
Ammarah - Heavy Metal/Progressive Rock band. Check us out!
http://www.ammarahsg.com
Single up for downloads at www.ammarah-sengsara.viinyl.com
Or visit us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AmmarahSG

Very good cover! I do like how you sing the song, but don't like the mastering scheme used. The vocal track seems to be compressed a little too much.

Thanks for your feedback Jugulator. Are you meaning the entire mix compression or just the vocals? I have been messing around with heavier compression settings on these recent songs to get a more powerful mix. Of course one mans ideal sound is sometimes another's worst nightmare! lol

I should have paid more attention to what you posted before I replied. I see that you mentioned that the vocals seem too compressed to your taste. I actually like this sound so for me it sounds like what I hear in my head. To others of course it may be too much. I don't think I'd be a good client in a studio because I'd take over! hahaha!

"GIDDYUP!"

• Administrator

Snax wrote:

Glad you liked it juulez but yes, the language was a bit much for a nice forum such as this. You can click the edit button on your post and make it a little more reader friendly if you'd like. ;)

Maybe you could put that it was "F'N awesome" instead. I believe I typed that about someone else here recently! :P

Thank you SNAX :cool:

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

I just finished remixing the song. I tweaked the compression , EQ and a few other little things here and there to get a nicer overall sound. The first mix was too bright and this mix has a tiny bit lower overall volume level as well. See if this sounds any better to you... http://soundcloud.com/mike-bromelow/snax-is-this-love-mix-4

"GIDDYUP!"

The last mix sounds better to me.

I just did one last remix and NOW I think i'm getting the sound I want out of my vocals! http://soundcloud.com/mike-bromelow/snax-is-this-love-mix-4

"GIDDYUP!"

Outstanding, of course.

I'm trying to find the right way to express this and maybe you can still get my meaning. Did you find, on this last take, that it is subtly more a relaxed feeling, sometimes almost a whisper, with a slight bit of nose? That is, yes, you are still exerting control to have the pitch and the breath pressure changes subtley to match the needs of the note. That it is not quite creak but more like crooning.

That probably sounds confusing but the short version is that this sounds relaxed, like the original. Which I think was the intent of Coverdale.

Anyway, well done, as usual. I could hear this on the radio.

Outstanding, of course.

I'm trying to find the right way to express this and maybe you can still get my meaning. Did you find, on this last take, that it is subtly more a relaxed feeling, sometimes almost a whisper, with a slight bit of nose? That is, yes, you are still exerting control to have the pitch and the breath pressure changes subtley to match the needs of the note. That it is not quite creak but more like crooning.

That probably sounds confusing but the short version is that this sounds relaxed, like the original. Which I think was the intent of Coverdale.

Anyway, well done, as usual. I could hear this on the radio.

Thanks for your question Ron. Actually, it's the exact same vocals as before. I only tweaked some of the software plugins to achieve the type of sound I wanted. As you can hear, the effect can be dramatic enough to make it sound like a whole new performance sometimes.

"GIDDYUP!"

Thanks for your question Ron. Actually, it's the exact same vocals as before. I only tweaked some of the software plugins to achieve the type of sound I wanted. As you can hear, the effect can be dramatic enough to make it sound like a whole new performance sometimes.

As I am learning. I could understand it intellectually but I can also hear it physically, with different people mixing my voice from each his own aesthetic vantage point. Each different person who has mixed my vocals has key things they like to hear in and do to a track. And, in so doing, I hear different things in my voice depending on the mix.

For example, in my most recent recording of "Heaven on their Minds," my brother played all instruments except the drums, which is a loop, as he does not have a drum kit. Otherwise, he would have played those, too. Anyway, in the lower notes in the beginning of the song, post-mix, I hear a tonality that I did not hear when I was actually singing it.

Keith mixes my voice a little more wet, especially on the chorus. And the verses, he takes out a little of the undertones, which actually serves the mix.

And you have used neg reverb, I think it was, on me, which actually highlights how loud I can really get.

My own mix sounds a low power am station back in the 70's. :D

Also, what has changed, as much as any approach to singing is the equip.

Anyway, I understand what you are saying and I agree.

Archived