Live on stage in Nashville

I was invited to perform in the Nashville Spotlight event on December 17th.

I chose this song for my Nashville audience because it sounds a little country.

I had a lot of fun and it was a great experience.

Thank you for listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgfbbNzbEyk

This is good, I think you're going somewhere. You said you're 13 too? Then this is 'really' good. You want some inspiration:

You might know her now as the former lead singer of the Fugees and one of the most critically respected female singer songwriters in the past 20 years, but everyone has got to start somewhere! Life lesson, believe in yourself and keep going! And as much as I wish it wasn't so, especially female performers are often judged as much on their appearances as their talents, but you're in luck I don't think you need to worry about this! Work as hard as you can on your voice, your stage presence, potentially some songwriting too, and I'll see you on TV sometime.

Man though, this song you're singing sounds incredibly Elton John inspired during his fake cowboy days (my favorite era). You ever tried some Elton John from this era?

I love this album, but it's about as close to a country fan as I ever got. I guess I like my country music best when it's sung (and written) by British men who know nothing more about America other than cheesy western movies. You can add country when sung by Asian girls to this list now! This could be a hook. Find something catchy, find something unique, something that gels with you and just go for it. You're already on your way, and it's great to see people here going the live route and putting themselves out there which is a whole different game than what most of us are doing. And hey, if anyone ever gives you a hard time, just remember Lauryn Hill. If you're persistent, passionate, and smart enough, what is going to hold you back?

I really enjoyed your performance! And you show a lot of composure and steel. It's great you are willing to try all kinds of different music and it will only make you better for sure!

Man though, this song you're singing sounds incredibly Elton John inspired during his fake cowboy days (my favorite era). You ever tried some Elton John from this era?

I love this album, but it's about as close to a country fan as I ever got. I guess I like my country music best when it's sung (and written) by British men who know nothing more about America other than cheesy western movies. You can add country when sung by Asian girls to this list now! This could be a hook. Find something catchy, find something unique, something that gels with you and just go for it.

Killer, that is one of my favorite EJ albums and I also like his earlier stuff as well. Particularly love "Amoreena" and searched high and low for a backing track for this song but it doesn't exist. But I did recently carve out the vocals on his original the best I could and enjoy practicing this song. It's funny you should describe it as a British man's interpretation of a cheesy western flick, ha ha! because that has been sort of the way I saw it also. I found it very unique and was always curious how he got on that path in the beginning...but man did it sure work great! I love the way his natural accent and southern accent along with his bluesy style makes his voice so compelling. Even though he drifted away somewhat from that Tumbleweed Connection album, he still uses that bluesy southern hybrid style that is infectious to listen to.

And i love hearing that phrase "Burning Brown Back Beast". Ha! ha!

Archived