Sonata Arctica Full Moon Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here is horrible Full Moon cover. I fixed 2 parts where I sang the wrong words. Other than that, I left rest of the mistakes for you all to hear (and possibly laugh at)

I did detune it 1/2 step which I thought would be easier... I was wrong. The normal tuning of this song skips some notes where I do not have any power. Blah Blah lah lol.

Please feel free to brutalize this rendition.

Oh, and my recording program was buggin a bit for some reason also. Fun times. Great time for that crap while trying to sing an imossable song!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11357128&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Hi Keith,

Very good cover - you have a perfect tone for this Sonata, Avantasia, Kamelot stuff. This is pretty demanding stuff technically - and you are doing better with each new recording! You just need more twang/compression on the chorus.

Stop being so harsh on yourself. The "I kick major ass" attitude is fundamental, if you think bad about your performance than you simply sabotage your own effort. Believe that you rule, man!

I'm not sure I fully understand twang (and how to do it) and compression (and how to do it) - Or should I say how to do them properly. I tend to try and fix songs I sing while singing them - so if something doesn't work in the first verse, I try it different in the second. I don't edit parts that don't work though, because I want you smart people to hear all the parts - good an bad - and be able to better suggest things I should do better. Thanks for the insight and for listening :)

www.drop-head.com

Durn browser crashed while I was replying.

It's hard for me to critique this since I have been critiqued (mixed reviews) on this very song. One or two pitchy spots were probably from undecided configuration such as light head voice or meaty chest at a lower harmonic. That is, you can sing that note, you just had not worked out before hand how to do it.

Also, you, as have I, have strayed from the holy writ. There will be great wailing and gnashing of teeth. Since I am on the highway to Hell, in for a penny, in for a pound. If you are heading there, too, I got room on the passenger side. :lol:

I like your tone on this one. I wish I had more time to reply but I've got to get to work. I've noticed that you, as have I, have picked up a finnish accent in doing this song. The articulation is tough.

I would say, just for giggles, run through a version or two that is completely light. And break it up into sections, not because it's easier to mix but because, like any process, working on managable chunks allows you to string the chunks together later. Because, really, there were only two spots or so that needed ironing out. Better to work on just those spots.

Some of my biggest mistakes didn't come from necessarily a defect in myself but because I improvised while recording. I can get a way with that, live, and shoot myself in the foot on a recording.

Then, again, I am "Living easy, loving free. Season ticket on a one-way ride."

Great Keith!

Just work with full power overdrive and edge for a while. It will help you to find this compresion also for curbing. And I'm pretty sure it will not take long for you to catch it!

This song is very hard- really grate job here man! :) .

btw. is that SoundClick distorting track?

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Great Keith!

Just work with full power overdrive and edge for a while. It will help you to find this compresion also for curbing. And I'm pretty sure it will not take long for you to catch it!

This song is very hard- really grate job here man! :) .

btw. is that SoundClick distorting track?

I have noticed on occasion that sound click does distort for some reason... Not sure why

www.drop-head.com

One other thing . For my first year of singing without any help I developed some very bad habits . First , I was singing as loud as possible. Second , when I was at work or somewhere public, I would sing to my self - like an airy whisper... So it seems I was practicing and creating muscle memory for airy notes. Still even today when I play bass and sing I relapse and belt everything. These habbits are very hard to break .

www.drop-head.com

It really is about habits and coordination. And thank you for finally posting something with a "problem" in it so that I could get all "brutal and blunt" and pick up some street cred, here. :lol:

(Don't worry, your check is in the mail...)

Archived