Hallelujah attempt two

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11365866&q=hi

Various Disclaimers:

1) Never had formal vocal training

2) I'm aware of the fact that I come in at the wrong time

3) It's borderline in-tune, Imma be a bitch and blame the headphones

Props to Keith for the instrumental

Tell me what you guys think about the spoken-word part towards the end. I was going for like a Bono thing.

On average, I think your pitch was better on the first attempt with just the piano. I am not sure what happened on this one though it could be a latency problem in singing with playthrough on some recording software.

I'm not sure if there is anything I can say to help. I've been told I am pitchy on everything, from a song I sang once after hearing it three times to a song I have been singing for 33 years. Point being, if I can't fix my own voice well enough, I don't have any business telling you how to fix yours.

It might be a matter of not hearing the notes when bedazzled with the pro arrangement. Red light syndrome, as it were.

I think the problem was that my recording set-up forced me to use headphones, which I amlst never do for vocals. I find it very hard to stay in-tune with headphones.

Try leaving one ear poking out (one headpone off), you might find it easier to get your tuning.

Now I better understand where this Anthony Kiedis vibe I was getting before was coming from. You're scooping up to a lot of notes with this kind of 'whoa' or 'whuh' kind of vibe, and since this version is ending up more flat than that last, you've fully conducted an early Kiedis style pretty well man and I suggest you cover something he did.

Once you've mastered Anthony Kiedis, I'd suggest you focus on the Roger Waters vibe I was getting from the last version! :D

Seriously dude, keep going. You'll get there. Even Anthony Kiedis improved, and I'd be willing to bet you are starting off better than he did.

Archived