The Blackmobile (ICS Vortex)

• TMV World Legacy Member

So this is me trying to sing this song from the album of a fellow metalhead.

This guy, Simen Hestnæs, is known in the whole metal scene for the variety and versatility of his singing, from black metal shrieks to a high and operatic voice.

His lives performances are quite awesome, provided that he is not too hammered :-).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkA9pcOA_nc

As far as my recording device is crappy, you may not be able to distinguish my voice clearly. If the case, I will give it a second shot.

Sounds pretty good, so far. You have nice, clean tone up high. And it sounds like you kept the weight off, so as to have better note placement. Don't know how to fix the levels on your recording, probably just a matter of equipment. Trust me, been there, done that.

But it sounds like you're off to a good start. Keep it light, like that. Volume is in resonance. Timbre is also in resonance. Make your adjustments that way rather than anything in the throat.

Hey Ronws, thanks again for the imput and the encouragements.

I try to lift the weigth off as I ascend, but its is not easy matter as far as I have used to singing by pulling chest before being interested in vocal technique.

For the moment I will try to bridge more correctly and stay on tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHKUebO2_Vo

I gave it a second shot, I can be heard better on this take. Definitely not my best, but some mistakes can be spotted better. At 0.26 I scream a high D that I find pretty cool and without straining, which makes me think that getting stronger head tones is a matter of wovels. I will check this forum if there is a tread on how to modify wovels to sound better...

Anyways, thanks, I will keep on working

Archived