Snejk singing Letter To Dana :p

Okay so now it's my time to sing it... :o Here's how I analyze my voice;

I can't sing this song worth shit other than the low verses... The chorus is where I reach my limit when it comes to high chest notes.

I do some falsetto singing at the high parts here and it sounds like total horse shit... I choose not to add ANY effects at all to the voice, not even a little d-verb... It was still a lot of fun so I had to try coming up with a harmony or two here and there :3 Also I do a few wails here and there because I think it sounds awesomazing xDD

Conclusion;

I don't have a "Heavy Metal voice" as much as it pains me to say I would be much more suited for singer&songwriter-stuff... To bad it's boring as hell =(

Anyway here it is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgs-C0UcV0Q

Kisses and hugs

/Patrik

EDIT: Thanks Keith for the instrumental :D

Ah, then I understand :3 I call those notes falsetto too because they are the same coordination with just simply more closure... I mean, a breathy chest note ain't called 'falchesto' if you get my drift :3

Haha yeah I've gotten totally hooked on those! :o It's bad when you find out you've written a few of them on your job application -.-

And thanks! It's a very hard song... I'm not a tenor so all the lighter parts are tremendously strained since I refuse to go out of chest.. The falsetto/head parts are just... Well, I hope I won't ever have to sing anything like that live, haha!

Hello, Snejk!

Nice performance here, i enjoyed it. You sing great in your passagio and like you said - your highest notes are slightly thin and with a little more "mixed voice" you will have them sound fuller. Nothing wrong with them though they sound great as they are, it´s a stylistic choice if you want them to sound fuller.

Thanks for listening Olem! The thing is, in my middle register I am very confident in my singing - I think I have a great voice at that little bit of register. A pleasant voice that people enjoy listening to, plus the fact that I can share many emotions and different approaches there. In the high part it is all falsetto(head) and it's basically me just screaming... :P While the notes are mostly on-pitch (I hope xD) there is nothing pleasant for the ear... I believe I have to practice that alot more make it blend better with the rest of my register, as well as make it not sound so.. "amateurish" :P

Too much auto-tune and comping. Didnt like it.

Auto tune...? There was no auto tune at all... The voice is 100% unprocessed... This is perhaps the single greatest compliment I've ever gotten :o

Jugulator; Yeah I'm with you there... I don't have a very high voice so it's very hard to add meat :P Especially on the falsetto notes xD

Yes, Patrick, I liked your description. Essentially, falsetto with more commitment, as it were. Well done and I like your version better than the original. I know it's hard to consider but maybe you have had the right tone for this song. It wouldn't be the first time a singer sounded better on a song than the original songwriter.

It's tough to be you. I don't think anyone has ever accused me of using auto-tune, eh?

Archived