METALLICA-Sad But True-sung by lyric tenor - must be a mistake?

Hey there!

I was always a huge fan of Metallica. To be honest, if i knew 4 years ago that I am a lyric tenor- and my voice after lessons would sound closer to Kiske Derris Freddy, I'd probably just gave up singing couse I was always more in to heavier stuff.

Of course, when I realized that I was a tenor - helped me in a lot of things. However, I feel torn between what I want to create, and how I sound.

Today I did this cover 'couse metallica come to Poland soon. Memories come alive again and hope that I will be in the front row near the stage (as always:) ). It will be my 4th concert of Metallica. That's over 15 years since reached for LOAD.

Check it out.

XXX (file removed due to violation of the rights contained in the agreements of SOPA and PIPA and even ACTA)

hope it's worth a sh** ;)

regards!

What an AMAZING voice you have :o

I must say though that the one I heard there was no lyrical tenor, definitely no Steve Perry ;) A good high baritonal voice with it's depth and ring. And that distortion was awesome!

Anyhow, aside from some pitch issues the only "Problem" in this song is your rhythm. It's a very challenging song when it comes to nailing syncops but I reckon you did a great job, far better than I would... People usually say "keep the beat inside you"... Meh... Keep up the good job!

Thanx Guys!

To be honest it's a little "on the edge" for me to be so loud, dark and imitating lower voice while distorting and creaking simultaneously.

Yep. I know Hetfield was a low tenor. Today I do not want to imitate Hetfield (apart from this little cover) Today my favorite voice is Russell Allen - he is also a low tenor. I have learned this type of low grit distortion as his, wich is much more save than "Hetfield-imitation" one. The case is - baritone or high baritone can sing deep and aggressive (early zakk wylde BLS) and sound really cool on high notes (also Zakk or more Lande or Cornell, ) Low tenor can sound pretty deamn good on high notes and can make this great metal baritone imitation like Allen's do. And that is where I wish to find myself and go with my low tuned guitars.

What an AMAZING voice you have :o

I must say though that the one I heard there was no lyrical tenor, definitely no Steve Perry ;) A good high baritonal voice with it's depth and ring. And that distortion was awesome!

Anyhow, aside from some pitch issues the only "Problem" in this song is your rhythm. It's a very challenging song when it comes to nailing syncops but I reckon you did a great job, far better than I would... People usually say "keep the beat inside you"... Meh... Keep up the good job!

I agree, the rhythm was a little bit off in some places. But you have a fantastic voice, very powerful. Also, you should pay attention to your pronounciation. For example, one line ends with the word "away" and in the next it ends with "pay" and it doesn´t rhyme because you pronounce "away" slightly too closed. Well, i don´t know if i make myself clear but i hope i do.

Thanx Olem. I do hear my pronanciation sux here - this is partly due to replacement of the vowels i've had to do in this type of creaking and distorting. You know- It's just to much to handle.. ;)

Thanx for reps.

I'm removing the file to let the thread die.

regards!

Archived