My bands most recent show

• TMV World Legacy Member

So, we have a bass player now. I know that some of you have listened to my live stuff before when I also played bass guitar at the same time. Please let me know what you think of my live singing now that I dont have to play bass anymore. Also, we were all pretty hammered. This is raw board feed. I asked for more vocal in my monitor and the sound guy turned up backing vocals, then guitar. I have oversinging in an effort to hear myself. By the second to last song I ccouldn't sing the chorus... The whole band has a metric ton of mistakes, but I think mine were due mostly to beaing able to hear myself.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/132016/dh.mp3

PS this is a pretty big file and takes some time to load.

www.drop-head.com

nice work by the sound guy, I like the effects, I bet it is fun show to watch. I hear you very well. I bet you like the freedom to be untethered from the mic stand not having the bass on. Do you get pretty animated now that you don't have to wear a bass? Brings a whole new dimesion to the show. I don't think the band made to many mistakes given that it is live. Are the back up vocals live or back tracked? They sound good as well. I hear nice harmonies when they are suppose to be there. I bet it will some time before you go back to bass live. Cudos to the bass player for learning all of your songs so quickly. It sounds like the band is only one guitarist, correct. Ever thought about a second for a little fuller sound during solos? Nice gnarly bass. I like it. Great job, wish I lived in NY so I could see a show. A little more monitor, is that like a little more cow bell?:)

nice work by the sound guy, I like the effects, I bet it is fun show to watch. I hear you very well. I bet you like the freedom to be untethered from the mic stand not having the bass on. Do you get pretty animated now that you don't have to wear a bass? Brings a whole new dimesion to the show. I don't think the band made to many mistakes given that it is live. Are the back up vocals live or back tracked? They sound good as well. I hear nice harmonies when they are suppose to be there. I bet it will some time before you go back to bass live. Cudos to the bass player for learning all of your songs so quickly. It sounds like the band is only one guitarist, correct. Ever thought about a second for a little fuller sound during solos? Nice gnarly bass. I like it. Great job, wish I lived in NY so I could see a show. A little more monitor, is that like a little more cow bell?:)

Oh yeah, the freedom was awesome! Backing vocals were the super mega drunk guitar player. The bass rig was very loud on stage, so it wasn't up in the mix - but yesm he did great for having 1 rehearsal before the show lol. I will actually be getting the audio from the croud mics soon, and I usually master the board mix with the live mix so everything sounds normal. We have a hard time working around 4 peoples schedule, and will most likely not add another guitarist, unless they make me play guitar :( And I could not get the sound guy to look at me so I could give him hand signals about the monitors, so I had to sing it lol. And then he messed it up. I was belting every note, and it wore me out. Thanks for listening :)

www.drop-head.com

I checked out your facebook site, nice. You need to update you profile picture here with one of your bad **s pictures from a show. I am still listening to the show. The sound guy did a nice job of knowing when to add effects to vocal and such. Has he seen your show a few times? I liked you ballad. Maybe you can get your backup vocalist to join the TMV foum. :)

I checked out your facebook site, nice. You need to update you profile picture here with one of your bad **s pictures from a show. I am still listening to the show. The sound guy did a nice job of knowing when to add effects to vocal and such. Has he seen your show a few times? I liked you ballad. Maybe you can get your backup vocalist to join the TMV foum. :)

The sound guy has never done sound for us lol. That show is kinda a "first" for many reasons. I didn't have to play bass - which made me have to figure what I was gonna do up there when I wasn't singing lol. We had been drinking since 7PM, and didn't go on until 11:30 - typically a big no no... First the "real" sound guy that works there from time to time did our sound. There were professional photographers and videoographers all over the place. Was a little nerve racking. And, I made my throat hurt because I was over singing so much. My next investment is a set of wireless ear monitors.

www.drop-head.com

While I wait for the gargantuan file to d/l, just wanted to say that you can replace a set of strings, monitors, guitar, drumheads. You can even replace a FOH sound guy. You CANNOT replace your voice.

Finally had the time to try and download this thing and got an error page. I guess you took it down. Oh well. Pick one or two of the songs you liked and email, if you wish. Sorry I missed the boat while it was in port.

Archived