Great article about baritones

Sun

Many baritones seem to wish they were tenors, and this article explains why - though I'm not sure that I agree about everything written...

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Baritone

nu, nu, nu, nu, nu.....absolutely, positively, unequivocally, wrong!! what a misinforming article. another reason to distrust wiki.

there are tenors who wish they had the substance and depth of a baritone.

Right...

You do know that is Uncyclopedia right?

Uncyclopedia is an encyclopedia full of misinformation and utter lies. You might say it puts the "psych!" in "encyclopedia". It's sort of like Congress or Parliament, but unlike Congress or Parliament, we do have a sense of humor. Nonetheless, this is one of the only factual pages, before everything turns into a puddle of utter confusion and disarray. Savor it. And for the love of Sophia, we know you like disarray, (and confusion) but stop adding confusion to this non-confusing page which leads to confusion, and possibly disarray. Which we wish to stop. Non-non-confusion, that is. Not disarray. Or is it the other way around?

Taken from the website.

Right...

You do know that is Uncyclopedia right?

See, this is how I can tell you are a baritone, as quoted from the article:

"Baritones can never sound happy" !!

The article is hilarious especially the "baritone denial" part :D

It's HUMOR in case that wasn't obvious! Most of my favourite singers are baritones and it's the voice type I like the most!

"Faking aside, baritones have musical opportunities in anything that is depressing. Since they can reach lower notes than the McTenors that overpopulate the charts, they use these lower notes to emphasize their depressive state of mind in a miserable mumble!"

lol:

Lol I'm happy all the time!

Yeah don't take any information on Uncyclopedia on to be correct information.

I'm not truly sure if I'm a Baritone, as stated by a member on here, I don't have the sound of a Baritone when I sing. I duno. I'll have to upload a quick singing session or something.

A singer I like to cover at time's who works with Chris Brown (my Idol and someone who I hope to sing like, range wise). He states he is Baritone.

- His Marco Polo is an F4 and G4.

http://youtu.be/w5i6iLmmQXY?t=42s - This area onwards he hits a G4.

This is the sort of sound I want to be making, he has a nice voice with some awesome high notes. I just want to AT MOST be able to sing up to A4.

Me singing. Pardon anything, it's 00:10 and I'm trying to be quiet.

http://www.box.com/s/l5tjcig40g98x6dim3qi

You sound like a baritone to me, nice singing btw!

It's pretty easy to shape the vocal tract smaller so it becomes similar to that of a tenor. If you do this you'll sound more or less like a tenor, but this IMO is just one of the perks of the baritone voice; versatility.

Hmm interesting.

Yeah I guess being able to shape the tract and still return to something is better than simply being a Tenor and trying to reach down for lower notes.

My lowest note is near C2. Current highest note I can sing is about an F4/F4 sharp, on a good day. I can sing a C5 in a falsetto-ish head voice and further up.

Plenty of tenors struggle with the passaggio range or singing higher than that as well so it's not just a baritone/bass thing, even though it might be harder for heavier voice types to learn initially. F4# used to be my limit too...

Plenty of tenors struggle with the passaggio range or singing higher than that as well so it's not just a baritone/bass thing, even though it might be harder for heavier voice types to learn initially. F4# used to be my limit too...

sun, so true...thicker, heavier voice types will have a harder time of things than one more lyric and lighter.

Wow, that was really good. That is very RnB friendly. For me, it sounds very useable in typical radio music :)

Thank you. I'm working on it.

D.Starr,

Sounding good, especially on the Jodeci song.

~~Dante~~

D.Starr and Bob, it's 100% a joke web site, haha. Lots of pretty funny stuff in there.

Yeah I guessed as much.

Archived