rock and metal vocalists-licks,runs,trills,bends etc. your favourites

Rate this topic

CentreOfTheUniverse

The only version I have is the live one(maybe he lowered it?) Or MOST PROBABLY...I wasn't singing to a track so I'm sure I got off pitch by the 3rd take or whatever it was I went with :)

I'll listen to the Cornell again...but as I remember you NAILED it.

VIDEOHERE. sorry dude i havent been on in a few days. your Audioslave clip is good though it sounds likes your possibly straining on the "a" at 0:40 in the line "or is this A disease" how does it feel when you sing it? if it does feel a bit strained you could modify the vowel so its going a bit more toward the vowel "UH" as in the word Mother to see if that helps.

analog, your jukebox hero sounds good. the head voice notes sound really good. would i be right in thinking they are curbing in CVT ? mine are not that solid sounding yet but there getting there slowly but surely.

i was mucking about earlier with some of the ornamentation stuff. its not something i really practice but just do it for fun now and then. they seem to be less "clean" or separated when i sing them in a song ( such as the few lines of Whitesnakes "fool for your lovin" but then its not something i would use a lot anyway.

p.s. i just sang a few lines of the song spontaneously as it has a lot the ornamentation stuff in it. its probably like a tone or two lower than the original key but whatever :P

http://www.box.net/shared/eehk3p6asz

Centre,

I personally would like to hear you sing MORE of the song! Killer tone man. Seriously.

The Foreigner clip...to be honest...not 100% sure what the hell I was doing. Really just trying to match Lou(way harder than I imagined.) I'm VERY new to CVT(8 months in) and while I can separate the modes when doing scales...when I go to "mimic" someone, it gets very blurred to me. Especially when that singer is in a "gray" area vocally(which I think Lou is.) But I would say it was a curbing "blend."

Hell, to be honest with you...the better I get, the better I get at confusing MYSELF :D

hey folks,

thanks for the feedback...(always willing to learn)....yeah centre i'm one of those vocalists who likes to shoot for a "strained sound" sometimes...hopefully the audience likes it.

i'm really impressed with jeffery allen's "secrets of singing." but this cvt training course..do you folks recommend it?

Bob,

You're gonna have to start a Foreigner tribute band!

You may want to "lighten" your grip/hold when you get up into the higher pitches(if singing live.) Lou DOES sing constricted and probably why he had some tough nights on tour. Although...if you are not gonna be singing live(only recording) then it doesn't really matter how you sing it(sing as close to Lou as possible.)

Also...downloaded the studio version of Jukebox Hero...and YOU WERE RIGHT! Was a half-step higher(Lou lowered the key for live shows.) I've fallen in love with the live version though. Man...he was on that night!