I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r51kOsQbZs&feature=plcp&context=C3709691UDOEgsToPDskKwmae4qBP0L0FL7TnZ6Nnv

I know it is a dark video, but just as it is for everyone else on here, it's about the vocals. Please let me know what you think. Maybe one day I will get a microphone and good quality video, as of now we have an iPod. Thank you for viewing :)

For iPhone, there is an app called "Studio Mini" - I suggest using it. It allows 4 track, which means you can record your guitar part first, then play it back and sing on a separate track, It has some other goodies also. My be worth checking out. Great voice, depressing song lol.

www.drop-head.com

Perfect.

And you've got one of those bright, ringy voices like Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks (politics aside.)

I know you want to get on "American Idol" and shows like that. Problem is, they look for "drama." And people who are "showy," a bit like glee club members. And then everything becomes all about image. And then they give you "vocal coaches" to fit you into the mold of whatever record company is awarding the contract. Just remember, if you do try and don't win the competition, the contacts you make will still serve you well. Daughtry didn't win and it hasn't slowed him down.

Adam Lambert didn't win and he gets more press than the other guy (I can never remember his name) that did win. So, the competition is not the be-all and end-all. What makes you a great and successful musician is the time on the road. Live performance is where it is at. Always has been and, in my book, always will be. And you've already got that down solid, locked and loaded.

Sing every open mic you can get to. Sing at weddings, churches, bar mitzvahs. Anywhere people don't run you off. Got a friend that's in a band that is doing a show? Pick up a guitar and do something while they set up.

I did that, myself. A friend of mine had a band called the Bluestones. They were setting up to play at the Library Bar & Grill in Sherman, Texas. (A little out of the way place. While driving, if you blink, you will miss it. It used to be a house that someone converted into a restaurant.) While they were setting up, I grabbed a guitar and did a few songs. And no one threw me out. Success! On the other hand, I am 6' 6", about 230 lbs, and look like a Hell's Angel that cleaned up for a court appearance. Maybe they were just being polite?! :lol:

You should be recording, releasing, touring. Seriously.

Keith- Thanks, I will check into that app. We are trying to get away from the iPod. We have 2 Canon digital cameras available for use, which provide great quality as far as video is concerned, but I am still looking a way for a quick for on the audio.

Quincy- While I sing a lot of country, I do sing other genres as well. I am wanting to a few Adele songs as my next uploads to youtube. I've found backing tracks for the songs, but no I am not just a one dimensional singer, or at least don't think so, cause I like to sing basically anything that I like to listen to! :)

Ron- Thanks for the always, encouraging words you give. You telling me that I should be recording, releasing, and touring, lets me know that I actually may have a chance one day to do so. I guess it's all about who sees you, whether online or in person.

Ron- Thanks for the always, encouraging words you give. You telling me that I should be recording, releasing, and touring, lets me know that I actually may have a chance one day to do so. I guess it's all about who sees you, whether online or in person.

Well, I don't say it to just be nice, even if that is my reputation around here.

You've already got the "voice." And you've got the traditional country sound in your bones, your skin, your breath. You should already be recording and touring, in my opinion.

Leanne Rimes started younger than you are, with less skill. Don't get me wrong, she is a fine singer. And so are you. And you deserve just as much stage time. I expect to see you at the Grand Ole Opry in a few years. Even in a year, if you make it to Texas, you could be at the Grapevine Opry in Grapevine, Texas (Dallas - Fort Worth metro area.)

Seriously. Get with it, young lady. Strike while the iron is hot. You are young and have the energy for touring. Do it before you get too settled down with a family. For it will take some time.

People are amazed at the success of Led Zeppelin, not realizing that they toured for 3 years straight without a break, coming off the road for a week to work on the next album which is not taking a break.

Outstanding. When someone pulls off something like this with minimal gear, you know they've got something special.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Quincy- While I sing a lot of country, I do sing other genres as well. I am wanting to a few Adele songs as my next uploads to youtube. I've found backing tracks for the songs, but no I am not just a one dimensional singer, or at least don't think so, cause I like to sing basically anything that I like to listen to! :)

That's fine, I know country music well and enjoy good country... especially "old" country. So I recognize someone who knows how to do it well. I also liked your Janis Joplin "Bobby McGee". Or your interested in Bonnie Rait or Susan Tedeschi? Would love to hear some bluesy/country. Now it would push you a little bit for that more "intense" type sound. But I would love to hear it! I think you could figure it out real quick!

Archived