White spots near the throat occuring every month

Rate this topic

mpropelus

Hi!

I've been singing for years now and this year I've noticed that I'm having white spots in my throat--that hurts when I swallow but not while singing. It lasts for about a week but it reoccurs every month. Should I be concerned with it? I would appreciate help from you guys.

Thanks a lot!

James

:rolleyes: Hi James, OMG! I just saw something about that on the new show on TV

'THE DR. OZ SHOW'

A young woman in the audience complained about that to him and asked him about it and she also said she "busts them with 'her fingers'.......I can't imagine how she can do that

without 'Gagging' but anyhow, I forgot what 'Dr Oz' told her. I do remember however, that he wasn't "too alarmed" about it. I would "Google it" and I'm sure you'll find your answer.

Good Luck! All the best, Frances Buchel/LADY HOLIDAY

FYI, I had a very, very, bad throat infection once quite a number of years ago and the 'Doctor who took care of me told me to make a concoction made up of:

A very 'warm' 8 oz glass of WATER & SALT, put a 'Tablespoon' of 'HYDROGEN PEROXIDE,' and a drop or two of 'IODINE'................Gagle with that for about 15 minutes a few times a day, and that should take care of any 'Infection' you may have.

Good Luck and God Bless. Please let me know if it helps! .......... Frances Buchel/LADY HOLIDAY

hey mpropelus, my daughter had strep and used to get white "rice granule looking" spots in her throat over and over again, and I got irritations from singing with incorrect techniques...

what helped me (other than learning better techniques from the info on this website), and her: throat coat tea, elderberry extract, or zinc, collodial silver, echinica, olive leaf extract supplements, take your pick or rotate them..and "gargling" with a mouthwash containg "xylitol", available at your local health food store. Taste good and helps kill out the bacteria :)

@ladyholiday That "busts them with 'her fingers'" was funny and disgusting at the same time :lol: Thanks I will try the remedy you suggested.

@rychemaiden - Yup I think I'm having the similar thing your daughter is having. Okay I will do a little research on the things you suggested and see what works. Thanks!

Have you seen a throat doctor? schedule it when symptoms are active. there are fungus infections that get into the throat & might give you symptoms like that -- although strep is another real possibility..

In addition to the gargles, & perhaps some "real" medication, you might look into allergies, mold in your environment, etc. An infection that keeps coming back might mean that something is dragging down your immune system: You fight off the worst symptoms but the cause is still there, and so the symptoms bounce back.

I used to get fever-flu symptoms & frequent colds, every 6 weeks or so. I'd just get over one bout and it would start over. I was singing with cough syrup in my tea half the time, really struggling! My chiropractor suspected Candida but repeated tests came back negative. I drove myself nuts wondering if it was stage fright, secret desire not to sing, deep psych conflict showing up in my body... finally got diagnosed with a non-Candida systemic mold, that I'd probably picked up while on the road, crashing in a friend's damp basement 10 years before. Treatment for that, plus giving up wheat which is my primary allergen, solved it all.

• Administrator

Rychemaiden,

Thank you for recommending xylitol to me a long time ago. I use it daily in my teas (and am going to try the gum).

In addition to it's uses for dental care, etc., xylitol is also good for ear and upper respiratory infections and the gum stimulates saliva flow.

For anyone interested, here's the link for further research:

http://www.epicdental.com/t-benefits-of-xylitol.aspx

(Click on "Benefits of Xylitol")

Xylitol products can also be purchased from the aforementioned site as well as http://www.I-Herb.com

Hi ya Chief! (aka Nightprowler) :) Yea, Xylitol and Sorbitol, both sugar alcohols are also available at your local health supplement stores like GNC, etc, or better yet, your privately owned "mom and pop" type herbal supplement stores possibly :)

Hope you are doing well!!!!

• 1 month later...

Depending on where your white spots are located, they may be either tonsiliths (collections of food and debris in the pockets of your tonsils), plugged mucus glands, or taste buds. Other causes are fungal infections, precancerous conditions, and a variety of mucosal inflammatory diseases. You need to get checked out by your physician, who may refer you to an ENT.