Vocal technique help please

Rate this topic

chuy67

Hello there, im glad to see yous are doing such a great thing in helping others out. I am a 17 year old male in search of answers. I have a wide variety of questions for you that I hope you may answer. First off is my voice type. My lowest singing note is a G2,highest is B6, and my break is somewhere in between B4 and D4, it never seems to be the same I really don't know why. My other question is neck tension in the Sternal Head muscle. The tension can be on the right muscle or the left muscle it always varies. How could I get rid of this tension? And what causes it?My other question is since my vocal break is pretty low, would I still be able to use my whole range all the way up to B6? And if not about how high could I go? If you would please take the bit of time to answer these questions I would be extremely grateful thank you.

• Administrator

Hi, and welcome to the #1 Community for singers on the web... be sure to sign up for the main social network site as well... at www.themodernvocalist.com or click on "Home" above...

We have a great team here... can you send us a link of your singing and we'll get all over it.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I am lucy reddy.Can you please help me in finding out the answer of this question.'Is 'head voice' the same as 'falsetto'?' Actully i am looking for the exact difference between two of them.if possible please provide some tutorials through which i can get better ideas.I will be thankful to you.Be In Touch.

I'll address lucy's question...

Falsetto is when you're singing with the vocal folds not adducted or held together. This causes a larger space for air to flow acros them and is what causes the breathy sound falsetto is known for. It is head voice but not considered a pure tone. When you adduct or maintain compression of your vocal folds you will be in a more pure head voice as there will be less air flowing and a stronger sound resonation produced.

I'm sure others may provide additional details.

Hey guys,

I am lucy reddy.Can you please help me in finding out the answer of this question.'Is 'head voice' the same as 'falsetto'?' Actully i am looking for the exact difference between two of them.if possible please provide some tutorials through which i can get better ideas.I will be thankful to you.Be In Touch.

Lucy: This is one of the most-often discussed topics among singers and teachers of singing, for more than 100 years. :-) Falsetto has been variously defined... all depends on who you are speaking with.

If I might ask, how broad is your question, to what level of detail would you like to go? Once I know that, I can point to to reasonably suited info.