New Me and Bobby McGee(Recorded Today)

• TMV World Legacy Member

That's cool... as I told Ron, the information he relays is good information, if the person (you) wanted it -- which you do, so it's all good....

Btw: way to make the Highlight reel here ! ;-)

Cheers,

David.

Thanks for understanding, David. My favorite author, Heinlein, said it is the duty of any right-thinking human to conserve beauty. In all it's forms.

Can Jewels work on some things? Yes. But she has much in place to be a success in her genre. In country music, storytelling and emotion is much more important than a gargantuan range or athletic feats of range. That being said, I think she can do good with everyone's advice.

And I learn from others' advice, as well. Though I may have limits. On a good day, I look like a Hell's Angel that cleaned up for a court appearance. So, my voice and my looks don't match. But at least Jewels looks and sounds like a country girl.

Nor do I mean, from an earlier post that coaching about performance is necessarily too much out of place. For singing is not all technique. A "singer" is someone who can wring emotion out of technique.

David, I happened to see the pics on your profile page. And the thought that came to mind is that song by Puddle of Mud that the singer wrote about his kid. I can totally see you doing something like that. In fact, let me derail this thread farther and dare you to put up a cover of that song. I bet it will be really good. Because you will start out with the right emotion, informing your performance and what you must do technically to create that performance.

Thank you Ron...

Are you referring to the song Blurry by them?

I think that's the one, I could never remember the title but it was a huge hit and you could't turn on VH1 without seeing it, back about 10 years ago, or so.

I think I only have one brain cell fired up this morning. I can't quite remember the name of the song, I know my wife once had a crush on the singer (she likes us biker-types, long story), and the band was Puddle of Mud.

Good! Glad you(David) and Ron can see eye to eye. I have been kind of quite the last week or so around here. I've been practicing, getting some things down, learning new songs, all that good stuff. I don't have anything new (yet), but will before too long, and know it will be the best I've done yet :)

Archived