I will Always love you, Cover done by Jill Huber

I'm not either. But you had a little too much link here :D I went to your video by going to your youtube channel and then clicked on "share." Then I copied and pasted the link that appears underneath. Actually the correct link would be exactly what you have minus the parts you have before and after your link. You must have the embedding function off in your youtube channel or have it set to unlisted (like I do) because it doesn't embed.

A very, very good rendition of an extremely tough song! Next step for you, in my opinion, would be to make a bit more professional video and show a bit more confidence and happyness. You kind of come across as something is dragging you down and I'd like to point out that you're a great singer and that's something to be happy about. Have a nice day :) ;)

Wow, that was an outstanding performance. I happen to know (I am not one myself) , thru my wife, some professional singers in Brazil, and one of them has this song in her set. She sounds great(nothing less to expect) but you sound even better! I think you will have a good chance to go far in The Voice if you have this high standard every time you sing. Go for it!

Yes girl, this was fantastic vocally. I would point out that if you try this song for the Voice or any time you sing it from now on, sing this song like it will be the last time. Put the extra passion into it, and you may make someone cry(not in a bad way), I know that people like Ron and Keith have told me to look at the camera and show more emotion when I sing, now you may be the same as me and put all your passion on stage, cause once I'm on stage I am 100x better, cause I'm confident, but when tied down to a single camera in a single room, it because a different feel, because I'm singing to a virtual audience and that's where I need to step up the game. But I'd like to see you try out for the Voice, and even more hope that you make it. :)

You have a great voice. Is this autotuned though(seems like a professional mix)? Seems a bit too perfect(which is a good thing if this isn't since that means you have a great pitch control and sense). You get a lot of the inflections that W.H. but there seems to be a big of a difference in the feeling. When you sing high notes you seem to start start at pitch but W.H. really seems to pull the note from her gut(of course she has a more breathy voice than you). It feels more emotional that way as it's like your going to just burst out crying because of all the emotion built up in side of you... it starts from the gut not the mouth. Think about it, if you have ever experienced it, when you have just wanted to break down and cry... where does the feeling start? In your mouth? Or in your chest? (I'm not talking about the point where you actually vocalize the cry since that is at the back of the mouth and possibly the throat... I'm talking about the moment just before the sound) When you are able to mimic(how it feels in your body) the emotion you want to express it will come out that way... it will also make you feel that way more and you'll sing more like that and it will feed back on itself. If you sing lifeless and just go through the motions then it will come out that way.

For example, when W.H. sings in a more talkative way she has much more emphasis on her consonants when you tend to focus on the vowels. For example, her S's are more drawn out and her t's and ch's are more abrupt. This gives more of a dramatic feel since vowels do not communicate much information(after all, there are only 5). One trick is that is used often is to draw out these consonances at the start of a word because they excite the brain by teasing it. For example, suppose I say or sing a long 'sh'. You have no idea what word I'm going to use and your brain will try to find matches. Maybe shape, ship, shake, shove, shave, or whatever. If you move to the first vowel too quickly you'll almost surely give the word away quickly, be singing longer on the vowel which is usually meaningless(again, cause there are only 5 vowels and it's obvious what it is the moment you sing it... they are best drawn out at climaxes where other musical factors come into play). There is a whole theory and art to it and I don't know it much myself but it is one of the things great singers seem to have instinctively. There are some videos and books out there that discuss these things if your interested.

Example. When you sing the 3rd phrase "I would"... notice how when you sing I you reach from the throat. You didn't sing a pure 'i' vowel at the start but because you reached for it in the throat you(by tightening up briefly) it make it feel more intense. Like you meant it or felt it. The more of the story is to sing it like you would feel it and then it will come across that way. If you don't it won't(it doesn't mean it will sound bad but it is what made W.H. sound so amazing and what *generally* makes someone "special".... it's almost impossible to teach and it's also why when you connect with the song you sing it so much better and people like it so much more(because they feel what you are feeling through your voice... not the words)).

Anyways, you sung it very well considering it is such a hard song in the first place and assuming you are not overly autotuned then it's extremely good. Some things to be aware of: Don't rush the beat, it gives a less laid back feeling and not meant for this mood. Sing it more relaxed or sad. When you rush you sound excited(because you are... probably nervousness) and it gives the wrong feel/emotion or simply is confusing to the listener. Of course during a climax towards the end of the song you might want to do this to create a more excited feel. You sing slightly flat on some of the high notes. It's ever so slight, but again, it is subconsciously felt by the listeners. On the climaxes it's generally better to be slightly sharp than flat since it gives an anti-climatic feeling. It makes the listener feel, at least subconsciously, that the note was not reached and is a sort of let down.

/lecture off

Actually that one I did in garage band and I don't even know how to autotune ;-) I thought that was my studio one!;-) which wasn't autotuned either! But I agree with you on te feeling of the song I really need to get into the song and think about it personally. Which is why I want to start writing my own songs so they mean something to me!;-) thank you so much for the "lecture" I appreciate ur advice!! Pls let me know what u think about the one I put up with background!

Thanks and I will definitely keep that in mind.. did karaoke last night with that song and got a standing ovation and also had some guy come up and pretend he was my bodyguard, HAHAHAH.. you are right tho, I need to be the song!!!!!!

So, did the guy look like Kevin Costner?

Maybe Kevin, himself, reprising the role?

:lol:

jill: Well, it sounds like you have a lot of potential. I agree that maybe writing your own stuff would be better for the emotion. It can't really be taught as it will probably sound artificial or "fake" compared to the real thing... although it's nice to be aware of the stuff subconscious just so it will soak in and it might help in the long run. When you really feel a certain way and are able to let it flow out you will naturally and subconsciously do the right things. This is the best way and quickest way but is the hardest way for most people(cause they are afraid of rejection). One of the biggest problems of an artist is learning to express themselves completely and unabashedly. The more emotional road blocks one puts up the harder it is to get to your destination.

One warning about songwriting is, is that it is another problem to balance. If you are not a good songwriter then you might right lousy songs that makes you sing bad. Of course you don't know if you are going to be a good songwriter or not until you try so give it a try and see. BUT don't stop singing other peoples material and try to make it your own. After all, "I Will Always Love You" was not written by W.H. but she made it her song(everyone will compare anyone that sings that to W.H.'s version if they try to duplicate it). In fact, most singers are not songwriters.

It really depends on what you want to do with your singing. If you want to be famous one day then you should work on getting your voice the best it can be and maybe do songwriting on the side. If you want to be a singer/songwriter and don't care if you are not the best singer then you can do 50%/50 or 25%/75% or whatever you feel. It's obviously totally up to you but whatever you do you should have a plan of attack. Assuming you want to make a living doing these things then that means you have to treat it like a job. It might not make you money now but it could and might make you very successful(it might not and it might put you on the streets... which is highly unlikely but look what happened to W.H.). If you fart around you won't get fired but you probably won't be successful either.

Anyways, Good luck... I hope to see you famous some day!!

Archived