Falling Cover of Alicia Keys

• TMV World Legacy Member

I think you sound great.. and this type of song compliments your voice..... However, for " the voice ", they will want something unique / original.... Hearing this track, is a cookie cutter of the one Keys did...

So if you want to get noticed, you have to change it up....

but good choice, and you did awesome on it.

Cheers,

David.

I can't listen to it. I'm at work and my job blocks links like that. Youtube I can get but not these other sound links. Your version of Whitney was very good. But as far as song choices for the Voice. I know a lot of these shows are finicky with songs by someone with a distinctive voice like Alicia keys. They start to compare to the original. At least Idol is like that. I've seen some get trounced for covering Stevie Wonder.

Tommy

My advice would be: don't practice the song (or sing along) too much with the original recording. Don't copy the singer's tone or phrasing, just learn the melody "well enough". You don't need to know every lick, trill... strip the melody to it's bare essential, so there's room for interpretation. A lot of singers sing their songs a little differently every time they perform them. Try to find some examples of this on youtube.

Sounds good, by the way ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived