Georgia On MY Mind

• TMV World Legacy Member

I've been trying to learn this song and still don't have the lyrics and timing down etc. I don't "own it" yet. Practicing it hasn't gone well. I just started to learn this a couple of days ago but have been sick and not really singing much. Sore throat and coughing. So I haven't had a chance to really work on it. A few more weeks should do. If I can get my throat better. I think it's allergies. Anyway. I keep hitting the same rough spots but this isn't the week to work them out. I need to learn the feel of the song first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_spKCY_JI

I really liked it. You've got a melancholy "vibe" in there that really worked. Kind of a darker version of how I remembered Ray Charles' version.

If that tone is partially due to illness, and you decide to sing this song in public, you may have to wait until you get sick again to get the same tone. ;)

Definitely, you've got the blues.

Thanks Ron. It's been tough trying to sing this week. For the first half of the day I have no voice. My freakin' throat is raw.

I'm not comfortable with this song yet, I don't really know it. I've never sung it before which is odd because I've always liked it. I just never learned the words. The video is pretty much a recording of a practice session today. There are a couple of lines or "words" I'm still having trouble with. But I just started singing it a few days ago.

Tommy

The only part that was unexpected for me was the timing in the break. I think that is where you have not decided how you truly want to do that and so, there is some hesitancy. Nothing wrong with that, I improvise all the time.

Archived