Belle Canto

Rate this topic

chuy67

Well we have a bel canto group on this site. I have been busy and out of town. If you are wanting to learn the technique for singing bel canto music, then we have a book for you! J Faure: The Voice and Singing. It is fantastic in all aspects of technique and later on when you have mastered the basics there are directions on style and vocal health, behavior, repertoire, in fact this man has most generously shared from his life and career as the most celebrated baritone and a well known teacher in the middle of the 19th Century, in Paris, when Paris was the center of the operatic universe. It is available at Amazon, and on our site, VoxMentor.com.

If you want to learn to sing with a complete classical technique you need to find an excellent teacher and stand in the same room with him/her, so you can learn all about breath, posture, and all the other aspects of singing under the wise guidance of someone who can actually hear you and correct you instantly.

If you have no bad habits, you can learn this in two to three years,with lessons three times a week, ideally, and you work from the center of your range to the edges, waiting to add lows and highs until after your center is well established and controlled. If you have a dramatic voice it will take longer, and they do not blossom till the mid thirties. If you plan on a career then you will also need guidance in choosing repertoire as approaching difficulties without a basic formation will shorten the life of your voice considerably.

You will be doing exercises prescribed by Faure, and including some Garcia exercises and Marchesi.

You could also go to our Tomatis group and learn things right away about posture.

Best

Roberta Prada

Greetings to all;

I'm happy to see bel canto mentioned. We have many members who look for several dimensions of singing and I'm pleased that more singers are interested in improving singing sound. This is a great opportunity to trade all kinds of ideas on singing. Let's hear more. ......musiker

I think that you should go to the bel canto group or the Tomatis group. They are right on the site, and perhaps the architecture has become obscured with so much material on the site now, but the intention was for those interested in bel canto to communicate within this group.All the groups are listed together. As you can see the general group about singing is mostly concerned with other types of singing involving microphones, and so it is good for us to have a place where we do not have to screen out discussions.

Go to Groups - select Bel Canto

• 6 months later...

Well we have a bel canto group on this site. I have been busy and out of town. If you are wanting to learn the technique for singing bel canto music, then we have a book for you! J Faure: The Voice and Singing. It is fantastic in all aspects of technique and later on when you have mastered the basics there are directions on style and vocal health, behavior, repertoire, in fact this man has most generously shared from his life and career as the most celebrated baritone and a well known teacher in the middle of the 19th Century, in Paris, when Paris was the center of the operatic universe. It is available at Amazon, and on our site, VoxMentor.com.

If you want to learn to sing with a complete classical technique you need to find an excellent teacher and stand in the same room with him/her, so you can learn all about breath, posture, and all the other aspects of singing under the wise guidance of someone who can actually hear you and correct you instantly.

If you have no bad habits, you can learn this in two to three years,with lessons three times a week, ideally, and you work from the center of your range to the edges, waiting to add lows and highs until after your center is well established and controlled. If you have a dramatic voice it will take longer, and they do not blossom till the mid thirties. If you plan on a career then you will also need guidance in choosing repertoire as approaching difficulties without a basic formation will shorten the life of your voice considerably.

You will be doing exercises prescribed by Faure, and including some Garcia exercises and Marchesi.

You could also go to our Tomatis group and learn things right away about posture.

Best

Roberta Prada

hi rob, i was trying to locate that book faure: the voice and singing, but i can't find it anywhere on the web. can you send a link to it? perhaps it's out of print? thank you