Don Dokken - what happened??

Rate this topic

Keith

I know he had some sort of throat or voice surgery not too long ago. I also read that rather than rest his voice, like doctors told him to, he went ahead and toured on a barely healing voice. I don't know much more than that, but he hasn't taken care of himself.

Not too mention that such a sound was probably more really his, back in the day. What you hear on albums and in MTV videos is studio magic.

And Validar is right, Don is a problematic person. He just can't seem to get along with George Lynch. Or many others. But he has such a high perch to fall from. He was a pretty boy that sounded good at the time and so was given the kingdom of Heaven. Now, he is down to Earth with the rest of us mortals and it's a slightly different view.

Or, he had a cold that night and sang anyway, 'cause the show must go on. Sometimes, someone has an off night.

He might be a pain to work with but he does of getting out there in front and doing his thing.

• 7 years later...
Guest HeatoftheMoment

There’s an old interview he did where he acknowledges that he sounds awful and claims it is due to him touring non stop in the 80’s. He is also claims he never used drugs but I think most people can see through that one. Lol. The rock n roll lifestyle probably got the best of his voice not to mention he smokes/drinks like tomorrow so I’m sure that doesn’t help.