Help? Male Head Voice..

Rate this topic

Zion1744

Well i've been doing a little research on my range and what i've come up with so far is the point at which i need to access my head voice. Anyways, my teacher for choir/a capella told me my range was a tenor. The highest not i can sing so far is about an f#. I can't hit that note without going falsetto or really pushing for it though -_-.

I figured these notes out, not sure if they're even right, by counting them on my guitar.. So umm the highest note would be fret 3 on my high E string and my lowest note is open low E.

I'm not sure if it really help to know where my bridge is at but i'm almost positive it is between f# and G.. Which is pretty much what the typical tenor break is at right?

Is there any easy way to finding your head voice?

I talked to my dad about it and he hits notes that are like fret 12 on the high E and he said he can't explain it. The best advice he told me: it wasn't coming from his stomach area it was coming from like his throat or something. Lol, i still have little to no idea what he's talking about??

I posted a thread on this before but i didn't get very much help from it ://. Do i need to see a vocal coach to learn how to do this or is there some way i can do it on my own??

Please give me some exercises or something to do.. I've been doing lip rolls or whatever every day on top of some weird tongue push ups haha and i've tried plugging my nose and singing to help on my tone. I also run through a few scales and sing along with my guitar.

Please, help me find my head voice!! :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

send us a sample of you singing from c4 to g4.

when you get to the d4 to f4 area, depending on your voice, you are going to sense the feeling like you're hitting a ceiling in your voice, a point where you have to either push harder or let go of something in your voice to ascend up. this is a point of transition, a point where the voice needs to make an adjustment of its musculatures.

forget about head voice, chest voice and treat it as a transitional point in your voice. this is my opinion, but i'm a proponent of one voice singing.

the voice sample you send will get more folks to help you too.

Alright! I'll get one posted in the next two days. Can you clarify what c4 and g4 are exactly and d4 and f4? I just know notes in general. Does the 4 represent an octave or something?

I have an iphone i record everything on.. Without posting things to youtube how can i get that recording on to the computer to you or whoever wants to help.. Like a name of a file sharing thing that takes just audio rather than dealing with youtube.

• Administrator

As Bob said, post a box.net link or some means for us to easily hear you phonate from G3 to G4. (the numbers represent the octave count from the lowest notes on a piano up).

If you just talk like a little girl , with a hot, windy , feminine sound... that is your falsetto... and THAT, believe it or not, is what you will reconstruct and build into a big, boomy voice... that is if you have the right knowledge and techniques to train it.

Well with my falsetto i can hit notes past like fret 15 17 on a guitar... They don't sound good but if that is what I work with to turn into a better voice does that mean i would lose my falsetto?? I feel very comfortable with singing falsetto as well, it's always come very naturally or easily because i always make ridiculous noises at school that are super high pitched so i have a feel for that i guess lol.. But just for practice tomorrow since i won't be home, how do i turn that falsetto from being windy to something powerful?

I've messed with it before but i can get this ummm i'm not sure how to explain it but quite frankly.. I sound like i'm a moaning woman. haha Like i'll sing along with a song that is higher like don't stop believing but i'll do the high pitches in this weird voice.. If that's what my head voice is then i know what it is it just sound AWFUL.

I also don't ever see myself actually using that voice in actual songs unless it started sounding better.. It cracks often but only when i go into it. For example i'll be singing "Born and raised in (weird voice) south detroit."

adding strength or resonance to either one of those (falsetto or the weird voice) results in it cracking. And on top of that i'm not even sure how to add strength to it?! I push more air through and it just gives out. I've also been practicing with this for a few weeks now but i've messed around with that voice for about a year now.

Finally, is it impossible to have such a powerful head voice even though i'm a 17 guy? I feel like every single video of any good singer i've seen covers and otherwise are put up by 30+ year old men that have practiced for 10+ years.. :/ I feel like the journey is so far away and I want to be good in the next 3-4 years so i can maintain my life musically and not give up on it when i get older.

VIBRATO!!! I really want to do that!? Or whatever it is that makes your voice have that "back and forth" feel to it! It really makes a singer 100% better when they can do that? I promise i'll put up a link of my singing soon i just need to get home to record, i can't wait! I LOVE THIS FORUM! :P

send a sample....we'll hear you and try to help....however.....

i'm one of the the guys on the forum that won't hesitate to tell you how it is....no b.s.....straight up.....

if you desire to be great singer, career bound, serious performing vocalist you have to be willing to work at this...a lot...it won't come easy and it won't come overnight....and to really be honest...it will also come and go at times too......

you must begin with the basics...get a teacher (ideal) or buy a great program, and get to work.

learn how thew body produces sound, read, study, re-study.

because without the core knowledge you will be spinning your wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i26SxUdmhcc

I just got a haircut today so i look like an idiot lol..

Also i've been studying and this whole video is pretty much everything i know other than a few songs, but it is all i "technically" know about singing.

I've been studying i know it'll never be enough because i can't know everything. So i came to this forum for help.

Anyways, I hope this helps you help me! :D Thanks again everyone! :)

Oh and on top of that my goal is to be professional or otherwise as a musician. I just want to be good, i don't care if i'm in a famous band but i do want to get as good as i can be. And with that in mind, i'm willing to put plenty of time into it and i'm willing to accept all the help i can get.

Oh and on top of that my goal is to be professional or otherwise as a musician. I just want to be good, i don't care if i'm in a famous band but i do want to get as good as i can be. And with that in mind, i'm willing to put plenty of time into it and i'm willing to accept all the help i can get.

again, just as one forum member commenting and trying to help you

...a professional career?

if you cannot afford a teacher, why don't you just start at the very beginning and read a good book and get the core basics...posture, breathing, relaxation, learn how the voice works...a basic understanding of how sound is made by the body.

in my opinion, when you skip over these fundamentals, it's like trying to build an engine not knowing how it works.

it's the fundamentals, yes those potentially boring core requisites that are going to be the reason you sing (or don't sing) the way you want to.

the performing voice has to be developed over time. you're a young guy, looking for the quick fix....

you're basically saying help me build this engine, but you have no tools.

especially if you're talking pro-caliber, you have to get the basics first.

Fundamentals are important in most everything. Many times we can get away with skipping such things and naturally talented people may get by...for awhile. But all too often I have seen quite a few of these people who skip steps, end up with problems later. If it is a physical endeavor such as sports for example, this can lead to damage or injury that can thwart a career. At minimum, some of those who take shortcuts end up going back to learn fundamental later on in life and at worst careers are cut short due to damage caused over time by doing something with bad technique. You can always point to someone who has done things the wrong way for years with no problems, but they are the exception not the rule. Like those who smoke and are still smoking at 90 years of age. Exceptions.

Practicing wrong can lead to trouble. Practice doesn't make perfect, it sometimes makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect. Better off building a solid foundation.

There's a saying I like and used to use on my blog.

"If you're not careful, you may end up where you're headed."

Think about it ;)

Tommy

Okay well, I know the fundamentals.. I don't know if i know them correctly but i know them.

Breathing: I know breath support comes from your abdomen and diaphragm working together to push air through to get sound. I've been playing an instrument for 7 years now so breath support is not an issue. I do realize i lift my shoulders while breathing; often because my lower lungs are filled to capacity and i'm used to filling "the tank" entirely. Which i think is wrong for singing because it leads to weak air, however for playing a wind instrument i know you want all the air you can get haha. I do daily breathing exercises such as breathing in on 2 counts exhaling for 16 and different variations of this. This choir director at a big school gathering taught me that exercise. Oh and i know i shouldn't use as much force for singing as i should for wind instruments, or atleast that's what i've been told. That's proven quite obvious though as i've learned how to control my voice more.

Technicality: I'm pretty sure i know the basic science behind the voice. Vocal chords are muscles, above that are false chords (which i'm pretty sure are used for screaming). Stress is bad, tension in the right way is good. vocal chords during falsetto are like | | which gives it the open airy sound but head voice notes are like \/ where the air is only going through the top of the vocal chords. If they brush up against each other regularly and with enough force a callus might form which are vocal nodules. Vocal nodules are BAD and require expensive surgery to fix and even then you may not be back to strength. Sinuses are cavities in the head where sound typically resonates which explains the tickle feeling i get sometimes while singing. I tried a certain technique, inwardly smiling, while singing and it really tickled my upper face.

Music in general: I know all the basics behind music as a whole. Like dynamics and all that jazz. (Legato, staccato, crescendo and decrescendo, articulations in general, abcdefg, sharps and flats, accidentals, the list honestly never ends.) We have quizs in band all the time over those things. You have a music staff which is started by your treble/bass clef which is then followed by your key signature. I know how to read music as well like 4 beats in a regular measure. (Of course there's not just 4/4 time, 2/4 time, 3/4 time, 6/8 time, and so on and there are some pretty crazy ones as well.) quarter notes, triplets, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, thirty second notes (which can be quite unreasonable -_-). Ummm i'm sure there's more than that but i hope that clears up a little bit more of my background for you guys. I practice my instrument (clarinet) every single day as well as singing and playing guitar.

Voices?: I'm told often there's only one voice but there's a lot of controversy from what i've read online. There are 2 voices head voice and chest voice. Chest voice resonates in your chest (not 100% sure what resonates means i just know you feel it vibrate and feel the power behind the notes in the chest) and head voice resonates in the face/head. (i'm very unsure of head voice.) There's the mask which is a connection of sinuses in the face. This is where you want your head notes to resonate? And there's the mix voice or the bridge between the two voices. This area usually needs the most work. It's what links the two voices together to keep you as a single sounding person rather than having two separate, awkward voices.

Posture: I definitely know about posture, don't get me started.. My band instructor rides the ensemble's butt on this because good posture comes good sound. I know you want to sit up straight and blah blah blah blah blah

Relaxation: this is typically not important for band but she does tell us about this in a capella. Most girls in our a capella are very relaxed but me and the only other guy in it are typically tense on our higher notes. I think this is because i still need to find my head voice! I started messing with that weird voice and i can hit higher notes easily but it's pretty weak :// It helps with the whole relaxation too. once i reach around g4 or even f4 i start to strain and put all this unwanted stress on my neck muscles and i start doing that thing where i look up, you know what i'm talking about hahaha It's really stupid. I try to fix it but the notes won't come out so i just continue to strain which i think is the reason i really need a vocal coach. I need someone to tell me how to hit the notes correctly and not strain my voice, maybe not tell me how but atleast tell me when i'm doing it right.

I'm not being a know it all but i guarantee you i'm not just some 17-year-old kid who comes on here without trying to do any research first. I've been trying to do this on my own for a year now and i've come a long way. Now i'm at a major bump in the road and I really need something more to get over it and maybe a bit more knowledge to go with it before i can get over this milestone. I'm also often scared i'm going to damage my voice because there are some days that I try SO hard it's stupid and i end up losing my voice for the rest of the day.

Oh and another thing, Warm ups / warming down: I know i should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS warm up my voice before singing. It will result in a greater chance of success as well as a faster recovery. Your vocal chords are muscles just like your thighs or biceps. When going on a 3 mile race we always have a warm up (running the scales comfortably) Then we run the race (practicing your setlist working on certain spots) And finally you run your cooldown (I just run through my scales again) This 3 set attack results in a better recovery as well as a more conditioned voice. I know i don't follow this every time though :/ Sometimes i want to just sit down and play a few acoustic songs and not deal with the time it takes to warm up and down.

I hope that clears up my knowledge about singing. Like i said i usually try to do things on my own but i really feel like i'm stuck and lost at this point. As well as coaching i'm still looking for a price, let me know and i'll see what i can do. I DEFINITELY DO NOT THINK I KNOW IT ALL. I just had to make that clear because i'm afraid a lot of people will read all of this and think i'm being some stuck up 17-year-old who thinks he knows everything because he's read a few Wikihows and had a few years of BAND experience before this ( which barely even carries over to singing).

(I typed all of this probably about 3 separate time jsyk haha i kept accidently hitting TAB <--- (backspace) and it brought me back a page and i had to restart :/)

Oh and on top of all that i'm not really looking for a "quick fix." i just want to be able to sing and work on it from there. Time isn't an issue i'm glad i'm starting decently young and taking it more seriously. I expect improvement within' a years time though, is that too quick??

Well my first goal is to be able to physically hit notes. I want to be capable of learning a song/covering it without having to change notes in a song. At this point I don't really care much about quality, that will come in time and more practice. So i want to start somewhere, which means hitting the notes, basically expand my range.

Goal 1 - Hit higher notes and possibly lower notes if needed. (probably not lower notes because my range is decent and i've never heard a song i'd like to sing with notes that low.) I want to be able to sing through scales and not break, or if i do break its something that can be fixed in time. I need somewhere to start.

By quality i mean it doesn't have to sound good as long as I can work on it, the hardest part of mastering the voice is making people like your sound which comes in many many hours of practice. So if i can hit the notes i'll be able to work on making them sound better rather than just being completely incapable of starting a song.

okay, but wouldn't be a good idea to learn how the voice actually produces sound? grab a book or two and read up on the vocal folds, diaphragm, the muscles involved? the role your mind plays in all of this cannot be more important.

Hey Zion1744,

It's great that you seem genuinely enthusiastic about improving your voice and you certainly are more aware and have more knowledge about the voice than I did when I was your age.

My advice to you at this stage would be to take a step back and hone your knowledge, so that you can then approach your singing in a well informed, healthy manner. You've shown steps towards this in finding the forum and actively trying to seek out answers, so keep going with your research. You can't reach your end goal if you don't know where you're going or how you're going to get there! I have some books that I have read, re-read and then read them again, then once more for luck, then upside down, back to front... :P because you will keep discovering new things and improving yourself every time.

It's all too tempting to throw yourself into the deep end, and I know the frustration of wanting to rip out some huge, high distorted notes straight away! When you said in your video about pushing really hard to get those distorted tones, it reminded me of when I used to just blow my voice out trying to do those things. You don't want loosing your voice after singing to become a habit!

I think that's a big misconception when learning how to sing. Trying hard is not being loud, pushing, squeezing and causing pain, which may be associated with other activities/sports. I like to think of trying hard in singing as being more of a mental thing.. having the discipline and patience to sing potentially boring and ugly sounds, over and over again and restraining yourself from singing in an incorrect/unhealthy manner, even though it may initially sound better. In many ways, trying hard "mentally" is a LOT more difficult than trying hard physically.

I'm not trying to be picky, but little gaps/misconceptions like this:

I'm pretty sure i know the basic science behind the voice. Vocal chords are muscles

Your vocal chords are muscles just like your thighs or biceps

can cause problems down the line. Now I'm not saying you have to go away and become an expert on vocal anatomy before you start to sing (although it wouldn't hurt...:P) but in this case for example, your perception of the vocal cords being muscles may lead you to think they need to be worked and pushed in order to get stronger, which is very counter intuitive to what you want to be doing. Again, this mental image of what you are doing will physically effect what you end up doing. By improving your knowledge, you can prevent this from happening.

Getting a teacher or a vocal program is definitely your next step. This way you are learning as you are practicing. I think doing this will also help you to define and understand your goals. Again just going through your posts, you say:

I think this is because i still need to find my head voice

Goal 1 - Hit higher notes

At this point I don't really care much about quality

In your video, those high, weak "falsetto" notes were your head voice. You can take those notes up right to the end of the guitar and 99% of male songs do not go higher than the notes you demonstrated in that video. So why is you first goal to hit higher notes?! :P In order to sing those high notes with a really powerful, full tone and to prevent those notes from breaking into a weak, falsetto sound, you actually should be working on the "quality" of the notes!

A teacher/program will give you systematic guidance in understanding, traversing and reaching these singing milestones.

But anyway, that's just what I think :) Hindsight is a really wonderful/awful thing haha! Just know that you've come to the right place and the advice given to you will help you improve even if it seems confusing or counter intuitive at first. There is so much knowledge and experience on this forum, when I first joined, I learned so much by just sitting back and taking it all in! :D

maybe we should have a sub-forum called "for beginners please start here."

Bob, I think this is a great idea. Not only would it help set people off in the right direction by providing information and resources, but it would prevent the same questions being repeatedly asked and keep the forum less cluttered

I didn't mean the whole "Muscle idea" as i need to work it but i was referring to muscle memory i guess. The more i work it the "Stronger" or more consistent it will get. It more like playing guitar i guess, the more you play your chords the easier they will come.

Secondly, I started to realize that was my head voice yesterday and i was hitting surprisingly high notes! It was definitely not consistent and it wasn't strong at all but it was and that's what matters haha. Now i finally realize that whole register switch people refer to. It's just like hitting a register key in my throat. Which leads me to my third problem.

I wasn't worried about quality until i could hit those notes and these past two days i've realized i could. Now i need to move on to the strength of the notes and the notes between chest and head. I realize i crack all the time in between the two it's probably around the g4 a5 area. Is there such a thing as pulling head voice to chest as well because i tried doing that as well to see the comparison. I've noticed when I start getting louder in my pure head voice it either just gives out into just air or it gets like really rough sounding and no pitch, kind of like a really bad scream or something, definitely doesn't sound healthy. It's probably because i'm pushing too hard

I think i posted a forum about vocal coaches, any you'd recommend for me? I love all the support there is here!

Hey Zion1744,

It's great that you seem genuinely enthusiastic about improving your voice and you certainly are more aware and have more knowledge about the voice than I did when I was your age.

My advice to you at this stage would be to take a step back and hone your knowledge, so that you can then approach your singing in a well informed, healthy manner. You've shown steps towards this in finding the forum and actively trying to seek out answers, so keep going with your research. You can't reach your end goal if you don't know where you're going or how you're going to get there! I have some books that I have read, re-read and then read them again, then once more for luck, then upside down, back to front... :P because you will keep discovering new things and improving yourself every time.

It's all too tempting to throw yourself into the deep end, and I know the frustration of wanting to rip out some huge, high distorted notes straight away! When you said in your video about pushing really hard to get those distorted tones, it reminded me of when I used to just blow my voice out trying to do those things. You don't want loosing your voice after singing to become a habit!

I think that's a big misconception when learning how to sing. Trying hard is not being loud, pushing, squeezing and causing pain, which may be associated with other activities/sports. I like to think of trying hard in singing as being more of a mental thing.. having the discipline and patience to sing potentially boring and ugly sounds, over and over again and restraining yourself from singing in an incorrect/unhealthy manner, even though it may initially sound better. In many ways, trying hard "mentally" is a LOT more difficult than trying hard physically.

I'm not trying to be picky, but little gaps/misconceptions like this:

can cause problems down the line. Now I'm not saying you have to go away and become an expert on vocal anatomy before you start to sing (although it wouldn't hurt...:P) but in this case for example, your perception of the vocal cords being muscles may lead you to think they need to be worked and pushed in order to get stronger, which is very counter intuitive to what you want to be doing. Again, this mental image of what you are doing will physically effect what you end up doing. By improving your knowledge, you can prevent this from happening.

Getting a teacher or a vocal program is definitely your next step. This way you are learning as you are practicing. I think doing this will also help you to define and understand your goals. Again just going through your posts, you say:

In your video, those high, weak "falsetto" notes were your head voice. You can take those notes up right to the end of the guitar and 99% of male songs do not go higher than the notes you demonstrated in that video. So why is you first goal to hit higher notes?! :P In order to sing those high notes with a really powerful, full tone and to prevent those notes from breaking into a weak, falsetto sound, you actually should be working on the "quality" of the notes!

A teacher/program will give you systematic guidance in understanding, traversing and reaching these singing milestones.

But anyway, that's just what I think :) Hindsight is a really wonderful/awful thing haha! Just know that you've come to the right place and the advice given to you will help you improve even if it seems confusing or counter intuitive at first. There is so much knowledge and experience on this forum, when I first joined, I learned so much by just sitting back and taking it all in! :D

Bob, I think this is a great idea. Not only would it help set people off in the right direction by providing information and resources, but it would prevent the same questions being repeatedly asked and keep the forum less cluttered

awesome post mb!!!

Just as long as you realise you are not make your cords "stronger" nor are they muscles. If you want to equate it to playing guitar, think of it like this..

you don't have to push down really hard on the strings with your fretting hand in order to make a sound, this will just cause extra unwated tension and slow you down. The ability to access those chords is through the correct co-ordination and placement of your fingers, which you can think of as your vocal cords. The power and motor force is your right hand strumming the strings, which can be done as soft or hard as you like. Think of this as your breath and support system. Both of these need to be balanced in order to produce a good sound. If you want to make the sound louder/more powerful, you strum harder. In singing terms this would be supporting more and engaging more of the support musculature. So you are right in thinking you need to strengthen your muscles to get better at singing, just make sure they are the right muscles!

The notes you are hitting were high, yes, and can be trained to a usable state, for example at 2:56

That feeling of the register switch you are refering to is the body switch from using the TA musculature (used to sing in "chest voice") and the CT muscle (used to sing in "head voice"). The head voice sound is initially weak as the CT muscle is not as strong as the TA.

I'm assuming you meant crack at G4 - A4? at your age, your voice may still be a little higher, but generally in men this "crack" occurs around D4 - F4. Sure you can take your voice up to G4 in chest, but you will be straining to do so. These notes either side of the break in your voice are referred to as the "passagio" and require using a balance of the TA and CT muscles which is very challenging.

"pulling head tones to chest" would generally be referred to as practicing low head tones, as you are not pulling the head voice down. This is another method of navigating the passagio.

When you listen to a lot of high pitch stuff as an untrained singer, a lot of the high notes you would think of sounding like high chest voice are actually head voice. Even though your head voice sounds really weak now, you can train it so it sounds like your chest voice.

Regarding teachers, Robert Lunte has made you a fantastic offer on one of your other topics. He teaches this 2nd method of strengthening and lowering your head voice. I have had lessons with him personally and cannot recommend him enough. He is a great teacher and a great singer.. what more could you ask for?! go check out some of his youtube videos, both teaching and singing, to get a flavour and then get in touch with him. In fact, here's one that covers your "third problem" and shows Rob sailing through his passagio at 6.18. Those top notes are all his head voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zroG9QWNc

I know Rob is great at singing and i'm sure he's a great teacher, but is the entire program worth the money? I'm thinking about just getting lessons. Instead of spending 400$ on the dvds book + cds + lessons or should i just spend 400$ on multiple lessons. Does that program work for what it's worth??

And that first video at 2:56 blows my mind. I can hit that note though lol it's kind of ridiculous sounding as well :P

You could get a lesson and see how you feel about it, or drop him an email with your questions about the program. I'm not in a place to be able to pass judgement like that. Any vocal program you go with you will need to make a financial commitment. I think if you look at the sheer amount of content in the program you can see why you're paying that price. What Rob teaches in the lessons will be in the book/cds/dvds, which will obviously be a great companion to your learning, a fantastic resource and will also have stuff not covered in the lessons. I always think of any money i spend on this sort of thing as an investment in my future and you should too if you're serious about it. I have a number of different vocal programs, as do many of the members of this forum because the more information you have at your disposal, the better and easier things eventually become.

Think of it as if you were buying a car (at 17 you might be thinking about your first one now...!) There are a number of makes and models. What you need to find out is which one is most suited to you and what you want to do. how do you do this.. do some research and take a few for a test drive!

what style of singing do you want to sing and what do you want to be able to do with your voice?

I would say definitely give Rob an email with questions and such. He's always incredibly generous with his help.

haha yes, I can hit that note too, but can you sing that note...? a whole different ball game ;) then again the note at 3.04, still in the head voice, right in the passagio is actually even harder.. but most people don't have a clue!

Well I actually have a car and a job lol. I also have plenty of money for this I just don't want to get it and regret it because i might have been able to do it on my own like most people do. I also feel if i learn it one way i'll never be able to figure out on my own but i'm willing to sacrifice that for speed and accuracy. I don't want to learn things wrong and i don't want it to take FOREVER, i know it will take a long enough time if they tell me the right way.

I don't know if this is the best example but I WANT to be Matt Tuck. I practice screaming too.. lol i know that's not good for me but that's a whole different topic that i'd rather not talk about. I absolutely love how he sounds and he doesn't hit any crazy notes like judas priest.. Obviously what I want and what I AM are two different things. When I write music i'll make sure it fits my voice. If there's a tone i'd like it would be the bassist from As I Lay Dying. An example of his singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2_1G2z7Ruo skip to 1:22 for the clean vocals. I have a huge range of sounds i enjoy but i love to listen to as i lay dying regardless if people don't appreciate the screaming. It really takes skill no matter what people consider it for.

I have one thing to add, my love for music will always exist. At this point in my life i've got so many things to worry about like school and work but all I want to do is sing and play guitar and piano and just write music. I'm in a band, we're not that good, our instruments are pretty good and improving but we really need a talented vocalist. I want to step up and get good, not because i want the attention which people claim but i want our band to go somewhere. so if this 400$ investment is worth it, hands down i'm willing to make it. I really want to be in a band and i really want to play more shows. I hear it's not that hard to go on tour either and that is my dream, i don't need to make it huge I would be beyond happy if my band made it to the level of popularity as bands like sevendust. The only reason I want to make it slighty big is so i don't have to have a job on the side, i want the music to pay for more music. And then my life would be complete. A life of just music<3

I just went on a major rant but i would love to be able to sing notes like that and if i master the passaggio or whatever (bridge between head and chest) Then I will be one step closer to singing higher notes and those middle notes that are the hardest to hit of them all. As soon I get home i'm going to get the money and buy the package deal. I'm going to join the crowd on here and it better not let me down. I'm really looking forward to improving, and like i said before haha So much for that keyboard I wanted to save up for -_- ohhh well.