Georgia On Mind

• TMV World Legacy Member

The only reason I am posting this song is Because Quincy asked me about it. :) I can't seem to get it and am still not satisfied. I went over this song about 20 times today and it ain't getting any better. Same parts keep sticking it to me. This version IMO is worse than my first posting of the song but I have about had it! Particularly one damn word that I can't find the pitch.

Here you go Quincy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2N0_z3J3m4

Tommy, I don't see anything wrong with the vocals. I liked the tone and style very much. The only thing I can pick up on is it seems you might like a little more up tempo version. It seems like you are having to wait for the song to catch up to you. Maybe just sustaining the last word in a phrase may help with stretching out the timing. Let us hear a little more of Tommy's soul.

Vocalist Dad. You know, I didn't want to make excuses "but" I was thinking the same thing about the tempo.

For some reason this karaoke track is a touch slower although it sounds the same at first listen. I was thinking all through the recordings "why can't I fit my usual styling in there?" Especially after the second chorus where it says" "the road leads back to you." And then goes into the word "georgia" again. I normally connect You and Georgia kind of legato but couldn't do it today for the life of me with this track. There seemed to be a lag in the time.

Oh well. :)

Thanks for the listen and comment.

Tommy,

I liked this version better than the other one. Your phrasing is more polished since you’ve practiced it more. But if you don’t like the tempo, you should find one that fits how you want to sing. I can’t remember if you were using Audacity but you can time stretch backing tracks without changing the key. You can also change keys if you want, I think.

I listen to your vowels a little closer and I thought they sounded pretty darn sweet mostly. If you are looking for some critique, I thought your eeeee’s and ooooh’s sounded a little squeezed and pinched in some places. I like Bob’s suggestion on the eeee’s. Instead of doing them like we normally speak, you configure the throat deeper with the soft palate a little raised like and aaaaah sound and slowly change to eee. Kind of rounds the sound off and it resonates more easily. You can do it similarly with the ooooh.

I think the song is coming along fine and sounded really good.:cool:

Thanks Quincy.

I can’t remember if you were using Audacity but you can time stretch backing tracks without changing the key. You can also change keys if you want, I think.

I used a Youtube karaoke video.

Tommy

You'll eventually come around and get some real equipment. :D

Ha! Maybe;)

By the way, thanks for the words on vowels. I've been trying to work on those. I think I've had some success on certain songs. Others I am still on the fence about diction and the feel of the song. You know, sorta like not trying to take the twang out of country!!:D

Love it! Sounds like you have some vocal doubling going on... What are you using?

Using? :lol: A laptop, a youtube karaoke video and me standing in front of the laptop in a small bedroom singing away! It's recorded into a hand held digital camera I prop next to the laptop.

That's it!! That's my recording studio and equipment. Ok, well sometimes I use a karaoke CD. Only thing is, I don't have a CD+G player so I only get the music (minus the vocals) and no lyrics on screen. it plays like a regular CD with no vocals.

Thanks for the comment Keith, and for listening.

Tommy

Archived