Bridge over Troubled Water Cover

Rate this topic

Struggled a bit with this one. Except for fixing one word where my voice cracked real real bad, this is one take. This song tires me out for some reason. Hope ya like it, and all the flat notes that go with it lol.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11554058&q=hi&newref=1

I agree with others. A really good performance. You seemed hesitant, at first, then got in the groove. And no audible break in the voice, either. It was a one voice performance. And that is worth more than anything else.

What help your beginning is to not be hesitant. Don't think, "man, I'm going to break or come in too heavy." Think, instead, "I got this. I wrote this. I wrote this as a ballad for the next Drop Head album." (by the way, that's a not too subtle hint.) Just launch into it. Especially as you are getting more comfortable with this higher stuff.

And, dropping all subtlety, are you considering a ballad or two for the next album? Especially as you can now concentrate on singing? I know that Drop Head is heavy stuff but most bands, even the heavy ones, drop a ballad now and then. Shoot, Metallica played back-up for Lou Reed just because they wanted to, whether anyone else likes it or not. Which fits in with their own sense of direction, regardless of naysayers. But I digress.

I think your lessons in 4 Pillars are achieving phenomenal results (and I knew they would.) Your high stuff is sounding way more centered and rounded than before, though you were good before, as well.

And, dropping all subtlety, are you considering a ballad or two for the next album? Especially as you can now concentrate on singing? I know that Drop Head is heavy stuff but most bands, even the heavy ones, drop a ballad now and then. Shoot, Metallica played back-up for Lou Reed just because they wanted to, whether anyone else likes it or not. Which fits in with their own sense of direction, regardless of naysayers. But I digress.

I think your lessons in 4 Pillars are achieving phenomenal results (and I knew they would.) Your high stuff is sounding way more centered and rounded than before, though you were good before, as well.

Thanks Ron. We are putting at least one ballad on the new CD. We have one written, and ideas for the second. The one that is written at this point starts out like a 90's ballad, and turns into a "Dream Theater" like outtro (with some subtile hints of Mr. Crowley). Hopfully, we can get the rest written soon so we can record it!

~Keith